upgrade ?!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

upgrade ?!

Postby barroca » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Hello
I buy Capture Pro One 6.x in August 28.
To upgrade do Pro One 7.x I need buy the new version?
* I make the shop by Nik Software Order 12-E08-165327

Please tell me how I can upgrade
joao andrea
jbarroca[at]gmail[dot]com

all the best
barroca

Re: upgrade ?!

Postby 4thchicken » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:59 pm

you should have a free upgrade (I did at least) - go to preferences-> updates.

Then click the version 7 for the link - after that, I'm not sure - I'm still downloading it :)
4thchicken

Postby barroca » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Thank you
But I need a staff member confirm that :wink:
all the best
barroca

Postby 4thchicken » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:05 pm

barroca wrote:Thank you
But I need a staff member confirm that :wink:
all the best

all good - should have mentioned though - if you check your licence (under capture one menu heading) - it will tell you if you have a free upgrade or not :)
4thchicken

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Upgrade pricing is available here: http://www.phaseone.com/en/Online-Store ... grade.aspx

From the official press release:
For customers who have purchased Capture One Pro 6 since September 26, 2012, Phase One is offering a grace period, exempting them from the upgrade fee.
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Postby barroca » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:14 pm

OK Jon
I will buy the upgrade.
Thank you
Jon wrote:Upgrade pricing is available here: http://www.phaseone.com/en/Online-Store ... grade.aspx

From the official press release:
For customers who have purchased Capture One Pro 6 since September 26, 2012, Phase One is offering a grace period, exempting them from the upgrade fee.
barroca

Postby barroca » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Purchase already made :!:
Thanks
barroca

Postby Johnnykurtz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Hmm, seems a bit unfair as Phase One offered an incentive to purchase full versions of C1 6 and Media Pro, which I did purchase both full versions on September 18th 2012. Why run a promotion right before releasing a completely new version, I feel a bit upset. Now I have to pay for an upgrade for software I just bought less than 45 days ago, spent $249.00.

Sorry to say, but at least we know when Adobe is about to release a new LR version because of the beta. Who would purchase a soon to be outdated version. Well, I guess I just did.

Felling bitter, even though it is snowing for the first time of the year, I was hoping for more of a Christmas feeling today. :(

All this after spending most of the night rebuilding Media Pro catalogs.... Again :(
Cheers,
Johnny Kurtz

Advertising Photographer

w: www.johnnykurtz.com b: www.johnnykurtz.com/blog
Johnnykurtz

Postby Drew » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Johnnykurtz wrote:Hmm, seems a bit unfair as Phase One offered an incentive to purchase full versions of C1 6 and Media Pro, which I did purchase both full versions on September 18th 2012.

Hi Johnny,
I am sorry you feel that way. However if you look at the numbers, purchasing the software during our sale, with the addition of the upgrade, is still cheaper than purchasing the software outright. We priced it at the time to avoid the "buyers remorse" you described. So although you need to purchase an upgrade to 7, we still hope you can take comfort in the savings provided overall.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Johnnykurtz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Drew,

Thank you, but mostly my buyers remorse comes from the new catalog feature in C1 7 and moy purchase of Media Pro, which still will not work with stability for me and I feel I will just use the catalog feature in Seven, and leave MP behind asmimthink many will, hence your implementing it into C1 7.

Maybe I can trade in my MP license for my Seven upgrade..... :)
Cheers,
Johnny Kurtz

Advertising Photographer

Johnnykurtz

Postby Johnnykurtz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Cool, 64bit and catalogs built in, I'll pay for that.
Cheers,
Johnny Kurtz

Advertising Photographer

Johnnykurtz

Postby stacypatrick » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am

Yeah. Purchased on Sept 18th as well. Its not really a "deal" if the only reason a promotion was offered was to build in the cost of an unannounced impending upgrade. Even a few months out it would be different, and C1 had been offering the same deal off and on throughout the last year or longer. I finally bit the bullet because a deal occurred at the same time I could finally actually afford it!

Its really kind of shyster-y not to have even announced the possibility of a new version only a month before. Even a "slightly better" upgrade price for say, past 60 day purchases would be a thoughtful gesture to new customers.
stacypatrick

Postby John4 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 pm

stacypatrick wrote:Yeah. Purchased on Sept 18th as well. Its not really a "deal" if the only reason a promotion was offered was to build in the cost of an unannounced impending upgrade. Even a few months out it would be different, and C1 had been offering the same deal off and on throughout the last year or longer. I finally bit the bullet because a deal occurred at the same time I could finally actually afford it!

Its really kind of shyster-y not to have even announced the possibility of a new version only a month before. Even a "slightly better" upgrade price for say, past 60 day purchases would be a thoughtful gesture to new customers.

Actually, if you run the numbers...you do get a better deal over established users. As a new user, you should know that Phase One (and others software and hardware both) have learned not to "preannounce" releases. There were announcements in the 3.x days, but the one time a proposed release date was missed, this forum was innundated with screams about promises broken. It's not worth the hassle.
And welcome to COne, this is a user forum...I'm just a user, not a spokesman...since V1.0. While new users are valuable to the development of this essential (to me) software, it's also a fact that without an established user base of early adopters, no new versions would be available. Also, the upgrade is not manditory...you will find 6.x to be a totally capable raw processor. I have purchased V7 and am inserting it into the workflow as we train on it...but we're still using 6.x for client work at this point.
John4

Postby Jon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:00 pm

stacypatrick wrote:Yeah. Purchased on Sept 18th as well. Its not really a "deal" if the only reason a promotion was offered was to build in the cost of an unannounced impending upgrade. Even a few months out it would be different, and C1 had been offering the same deal off and on throughout the last year or longer. I finally bit the bullet because a deal occurred at the same time I could finally actually afford it!

Not to belabor a point, but its worth pointing out that by purchasing Capture One 6 at 50% off ($149 USD) and then later purchasing the upgrade for $99 (USD) your received Capture One 7 for $50 less than if you waited a few weeks and paid full price for either Capture One 6 or 7.
Kind Regards,
Jon Gilbert
Phase One
Jon
Crew
Crew

Postby Johnnykurtz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Jon wrote:

Not to belabor a point, but its worth pointing out that by purchasing Capture One 6 at 50% off ($149 USD) and then later purchasing the upgrade for $99 (USD) your received Capture One 7 for $50 less than if you waited a few weeks and paid full price for either Capture One 6 or 7.

Jon,

It not really a big deal about the money, but I would have liked to know about the integration of catalogs wich I see as a great workflow enhancement. then I would not have purchased Media Pro at the same time as C1 6, I would have waited and just purchased C1 6, hence saving $99 on MP; thats a weeks worth of wine here in Utah... :) I know I saved $50 on C1 7, but still, it would have been nice to know what was coming in the new version so we can make the right choices. I cannot think of another company who releases a much beloved and used product with out a description of what is to come.

Just my opinion I guess, but coming from an advertising background, I am in the camp that you prerelease via PR or other channels the new features of an upcoming product release.

Now, it it weren't morning I would be drinking that wine I could have bought with the savings, but I wil have to go to the morning version, double cappuccino!
Cheers,
Johnny Kurtz

Advertising Photographer

Johnnykurtz

Return to Capture One 7.x Software