IQ4 show steam on screen

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series digital camera backs.

IQ4 show steam on screen

Postby Lulumi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:42 am

Dear All,

I have been a long term Phase One user from P65 to IQ3. Each series is ok.
Recently upgraded to 150MP.
Does anyone have this problem?
While IQ4 working at 4 degrees Celsius, It show steam on screen.
I have ask phaseone company by my local agent for 1 more month.
But phaseone company still no answer and no further processing.
Lulumi

Re: IQ4 show steam on screen

Postby NN635295556271985100UL » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 am

Yes i’ve had exactly this problem with an IQ3 100 after being caught in a thunderstorm a few hours walk away from base.
When I unpacked the rucksack everything was rather damp and I left them to dry out as best I could and all seemed ok. However, next time I came to use the back it steamed up when the temperature dropped and I contacted my Dealer. He spoke to Phase and came back with the message that “yes they can do that but make sure it’s fully dried out and it will clear”. So I set about using various methods to ensure that it was completely dry - careful use of a hair drier and leaving it in a warm dry area for long periods etc.
This was a couple of years ago now and It seems to have worked as I’ve had no recurrence yet in cold conditions.
I hope that this helps.
NN635295556271985100UL

Re: IQ4 show steam on screen

Postby Lulumi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:09 am

NN635295556271985100UL wrote:Yes i’ve had exactly this problem with an IQ3 100 after being caught in a thunderstorm a few hours walk away from base.
When I unpacked the rucksack everything was rather damp and I left them to dry out as best I could and all seemed ok. However, next time I came to use the back it steamed up when the temperature dropped and I contacted my Dealer. He spoke to Phase and came back with the message that “yes they can do that but make sure it’s fully dried out and it will clear”. So I set about using various methods to ensure that it was completely dry - careful use of a hair drier and leaving it in a warm dry area for long periods etc.
This was a couple of years ago now and It seems to have worked as I’ve had no recurrence yet in cold conditions.
I hope that this helps.

Thanks
I will try again.
The phaseone's service is not good.
I should not continue to upgrade my digital back in the future.
Lulumi

Return to Phase One IQ4, IQ3, IQ2 and IQ1 series camera backs