Copy/Apply is not copying ICC Profile

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Copy/Apply is not copying ICC Profile

Postby dougstroud » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:11 pm

I have tried it three ways of copying adjustments from one image to another with the Copy/Apply tool from the top toolbar; holding the shift key down & the Copy/Apply Tool and without the shift key, and I have tried it by using the Copy/Apply tool from the Base Characteristics Panel. It copies the exposure adjustments but not the ICC Profile, in fact changes it back to the default ICC Profile in the Control file. I am on version 6.2.1 Pro.
dougstroud

Re: Copy/Apply is not copying ICC Profile

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:30 pm

That can happen if the profile is not (originally) created for the camera you adjusting its images. You can make CO6 think that this is the case by renaming the profile according to CO6's rules (=how the program names the profile name per camera).

You could provide more details about the profile name in CO6, in Finder and your camera brand/model.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby dougstroud » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks Paul
Could you provide where to locate the naming coNvention and where to save it?
The camera is Nikon D3s and using a Canon profile.
dougstroud

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Since CO 6.2/Mac the program stores the input (camera) ICC profiles in a new location as describe here:
http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/artic ... nguageid=1

You could copy the Canon profile of your choice from the location described above to your user's profile folder (~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles). Next, rename that profile to the Nikon D3s naming (NikonD3s-Generic V3.icm seems fancy to me ;-) )
If you want to make it your default profile, rename it to the program's current default profile for that camera, probably NikonD3s-Generic V2.icm.

If all works as I expect, CO6 will first look into your user's profile folder before its own and you will not loose your setup after a program update (which replaces the program folder and any change you might have placed inside it).
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby dougstroud » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:42 am

Paul-
Again and again- Thanks. I got it to work. It was just about how you described it... Initially it was not working, but I tried a couple of things and did not test them independently so I am not sure which one did the trick. Copying the desired ICC Profile and then renaming it did not work, so opening up the file and changing the name within the file in two locations and then the last parameter was the first thing I tried, but then I restarted the program... so one of these methods allowed me to switch the profile to my default profile.
dougstroud

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:36 am

Good to hear it worked, that's all that counts.

I should have added - triggered by your comments - that all file fiddling should be done with CO6 closed. On opening the changes are read by the program. They do not become effective while the program runs.

Second addition, it is best to test with some (copied) images that have not Settings50 sub folder, so CO6 will start from scratch with the folder.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby dougstroud » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:47 pm

:-D Thanks! You have made my editing world and images a beautiful thing.
dougstroud

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:03 pm

dougstroud wrote::-D Thanks! You have made my editing world and images a beautiful thing.

You're worth it! :lol:
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software