New to H20- Help

Question regarding:Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

New to H20- Help

Postby Ganesh Bharadwaj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi, I am new to Phase One forum and I have recently bought a used H20 DB for my Mamiya RB67, with no software support. I have been using PCs only and have not worked on Mac. I also downloaded few trial versions of C1, but windowsXP did not recognize the back as the logo was not certified by Microsoft. It says the device cannot be started. I have been unable to use the back, but has been however relieved to see the same back work on Mac. I am looking forward to using my trusted Mamiya RB with various lenses again. A few questions/ doubts are
1. is there a C1 windows Xp version (32bit?) that will be basic to start with recognising the DB and for processing the images ?
2.What version of mac will be needed to start the back and what are the drivers needed for it? ( I mean the system configuration and the operating system required, etc)
There are many Mac resellers and maybe I can buy one of those Macbook's to give me a portable option, if the windows option is not working.
The person who sold me the back is of no help.
Please help.
Thanking you in advance.
Ganesh.
Ganesh Bharadwaj

Re: New to H20- Help

Postby Ulf » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:54 am

Hi

You can use XP 32bit, download Capture One 6 as 32bit version ( from here: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/M ... veWin.aspx )
When promoting for version choose "DB " versions which is the free version for Phase One camera backs.

Any Mac should work, but best option is a Mac Pro silver tower as it has firewire ports which can run the back with out any form of repeater.
If you choose iMac, Mac mini or laptops with firewire port or firewire over thunderbolt. Then you need to have a power conditioner.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ganesh Bharadwaj » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Dear Ulf.
Thank you for the support.
Will revert with results.
Regards.
Ganesh.
Ganesh Bharadwaj

Postby Ganesh Bharadwaj » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:47 am

Dear Ulf.
Thank you very much for the support.
The H20 is firing good, and I am able to get to work with my Mamiya RB67 pro and three lenses. I am still connected to my Windows XP desktop. The C1 DB version 6 is running on it.
However I find that the back is not able to handle shadows, especially in unlit places like interiors, and also when shooting against black background. Another thing is I am not able to shoot for a long exposure or for multi flash pops. Can you once again guide me.Thank you very much once again.
Regards.
Ganesh.
Ganesh Bharadwaj

Postby Ulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi

Create a support case at http://support.phaseone.com and we will be happy to help.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back