Need help with Leaf-Aptus ii error message

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

Need help with Leaf-Aptus ii error message

Postby JNWade1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:19 pm

I am trying to help someone get working an old Leaf Aptus ii 8 back, paired with a Hasselblad body. When taking a shot, I get an error message from the back: "Digital back cannot create an image. Digital back did not receive an image. Please check that..." (I can't see the rest of the message, and the back doesn't give me the option to scroll through the rest of it.)

The last time the back was used, everything functioned fine. As best as I can tell, there is no physical damage, and the whole rig was stored in an padded Pelican case. The shutter is opening on the body, so I know an image is getting through the plane. All other features seem to work just fine on the back. The battery is fully charged, and there is a freshly formatted card inserted. A Google search for this error message turned up nothing, so before we approach customer service, I just wanted to see if others have run into this problem and can suggest any easy solutions.

Thanks for your help!
JNWade1

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back