Replace IR Glass for Aptus-II

Question regarding:
Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Aptus-II, Aptus S, Aptus, Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

Replace IR Glass for Aptus-II

Postby steven_jacobs_englund » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:54 am

Like a rich, stupid person with a lot of free time (I'm none of the above actually)... I purchased an "as is" Leaf Aptus-II 12 (DM 80) from eBay.

I can tell from the pictures that it is missing the IR glass. I know that I need 650nm cutoff, and can buy a custom cut piece online that is close to size, but does anyone know the thickness? I have two apparent options: 1mm or 1.3mm.

I have a Valeo 22wi at home that I can measure later, but I wanted to see if anyone has a DM80 and/or experience in this field.

I will likely buy a 70x70mm or 80x80mm piece, then cut it down to fit on the DB, then make my own frame to screw it/hold it in place. Will the variation in 0.3mm be enough to throw off the focal plane distance?

BTW, the DM80 won't arrive in the mail until mid-February or early-March. But I'd like to have what I need to test it upon arrival.
steven_jacobs_englund

Re: Replace IR Glass for Aptus-II

Postby Ulf » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:17 pm

HI

We would recommend Schott S8612 which has a cut off at 650nm just like you say.
1.0mm would be what we would use on a 80mp sensor.
Keep in mind that different sensors use different filters so your 22mp sensor is most likely using a different filter.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby steven_jacobs_englund » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 pm

Thanks Ulf. That's great to hear I am headed in the right direction. I went with the 1mm glass.

Fingers crossed the back arrives and actually works, otherwise this is all in vein. :roll:
steven_jacobs_englund

Postby steven_jacobs_englund » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:53 pm

@Ulf - My digital back arrived today but it's missing the CF reader board and firewire board. Is there any way I can purchase parts or service for the DM80?
steven_jacobs_englund

Postby Ulf » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:45 am

Hi
Are you saying the boards are missing inside the back?
If so, return it whom ever you have purchased it from as it is a incomplete unit.

The parts are not available for purchase and even if they where, they would not do you any good without production computer with specific software and configuration.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back