Help with Photophase plus scan back

Question regarding:Phase One H25, H20, H101, H10, H5, LightPhase, PowerPhase FX / FX +, PowerPhase, PhotoPhase and StudioKit.
Leaf Valeo, C-Most, Cantare, Volare and DCB.

Help with Photophase plus scan back

Postby NN230615UL4 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi everyone,

here I've got a Phaseone Photophase Plus back. It's been unused for a long time. As I didn't get the scsi/power cable with it, I soldered a cable according to a description I found on photo.net groups.
When I hook up the back to a G3 mac, it is detected by systemprofiler(I'm running macos 9.1) correctly. In the imagecapture application it is also correctly detected as Photophase back. But when I attempt to capture or do a preview, the sensor doesn't move. The green led is on, and when I hit preview, or capture, also the orange led starts to flash. After some seconds I here one clicking sound in the back, but nothin moves.

Ok, I know, the selfmade cable sounds suspicious, but I'm pretty sure the cable is ok. I was successfully updating the backs firmware with this cable(to3.2).
Does anyone know, what this could be? I know the value(monetary) of this back is low and Phaseone probably wouldn't service it anyway. But, I would love to try it for artistical reasons. So, I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Michael

also, if anyone is selling their photophase, powerphase, or powerphase fx, I would be interested.
NN230615UL4

Re: Help with Photophase plus scan back

Postby NN230615UL4 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:52 pm

oh, for the soldering, I used an existing scsi cable. I just reconnected scsi and power to the scanning back's port.
m
NN230615UL4

Postby NN230615UL4 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Ok, I opened up the back. When attempting to do a preview scan, or moving the sensor to the cleaning position I hear the stepper motor generating a clicking sound, but it doesn't turn the lead screw.
Please Phase One! what could this be?

Many thanks, m
NN230615UL4

Postby Ulf » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:59 pm

HI

There is little to no help we can provide you with in regards to this.
Service for it has been discontinued a few year ago and for liability reasons we can not recommend any DIY solutions.

From what you describe it seem that either motor is not working as it should or there is an issue with the axle mechanically.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Calebarchie » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 am

Hi,

I have a PowerPhase FX that exhibits these exact same symptoms. Did the OP ever end up resolving the issue and find out what the problem was?

Bests
Calebarchie

Return to Phase One and Leaf Legacy one-shot and scan camera back