How was mirror lockup problem with early P1/Mamiya 645 DF re

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 DF / DF+ and Mamiya 645 DF / DF+
Also lens discussion for Phase One and Schneider lenses.

How was mirror lockup problem with early P1/Mamiya 645 DF re

Postby blumarble » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 am

I just recently purchased a used Phase One DF camera. And while it was on its way to me I discovered the mirror lockup problem that was occurring about 2011. The last discussions seem to focus on the firmware as being the problem, and the last firmware version that still had issues was possibly v1.25(?). It isn't clear to me whether that version or the next actually solved the problem. However, the discussion suddenly seems to have disappeared, so I'm hoping it was because the problem was fixed. My DF came with v1.25 installed. I've been told that v1.59 is the current firmware.

Does anyone know if: a. it was a firmware upgrade that solved the problem, b. which version (did v1.25 do it, or was it a subsequent version?), and c. does anyone know of a "history" of firmware updates for the DF, the changes for each, and their dates (or some similar document)? If 1.25 solved the problem, I might not need to, but still might update if there are other reasons to do so.

I see Sinar has posted a recent similar problem with his DF+. Maybe there's a related solution?

Also... I sent a support request to Phase One about the issue, and haven't received any kind of response. Am I correct in assuming that if I didn't purchase the camera new from them or a dealer, they'll just ignore my request?

Thanks, Rob
Last edited by blumarble on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blumarble

Re: How was mirror lockup problem with early P1/Mamiya 645 D

Postby sinar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:20 pm

The firmware updates have not solved my issues on the DF+ and the lockups still occur randomly and embarrassingly in front of time conscious clients.
sinar

Re: How was mirror lockup problem with early P1/Mamiya 645 D

Postby C-M-B » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Well for me there were hardly any issues - mainly because I realised the problems only arose when using the leaf shutter and using older batteries on the 645DF+.
When I used a newer battery the lockups occurred hardly at all when shooting with leaf shutter.

Using the focal plane shutter I never had any issue with lockups.
C-M-B

Return to Phase One 645DF and DF+ / Mamiya 645DF and DF+