V-Grip PhaseOne

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 DF / DF+ and Mamiya 645 DF / DF+
Also lens discussion for Phase One and Schneider lenses.

V-Grip PhaseOne

Postby Fotosight » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Hello all,

after 18 month, the integrated "Profoto Air" Transmitter get serious problems. I send it to P1 and they replace it but charge me 357 Euro. They is only 12 month warranty on it. I use it in the studio. I think for a peace of plastic (999,-€) after 18 month paying again 357,-€ to get a working one is not the best way to keep the customer happy. Not at all after spending around 55.000,-€ in PhaseOne Equipment. And how i learn i am not the only one with this issue. A view month before al already had some detached rubber on the Grip and now this.

Sure i don't want all the Service for free but to be really clear i believe this is not my fault more a quality problem.

Best
Eric
Fotosight

Re: V-Grip PhaseOne

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Create a support case with your Serial Number and we'd be happy to provide the details surrounding the service.
The €357 repair cost is the standard flat fee when we need to perform extensive repairs (ex. taking the entire unit apart and reassembling.
If you got a replacement then this was done to try and keep you happy, providing a brand new unit as appose to having you wait for a week+ while we repaired your unit.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Fotosight » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Drew,

thank you for this quick reply, but it was not really what i am talking about :)
I am talking about, this part of plastic V-Grip is not the best quality and don't match to the rest of the experience i make with phase one before. And then PhaseOne charge me for solving a problem with damaged electronic. Let me make it clear, it is not a issue how i use it, but of a poor quality in the production or assembly what ever but surely not my responsibility. Avery 5 or 10 Pictures the integrated profoto emiter does not work :(

So what i expect in this case was not to be charged at all for some bad simple electronic inside wich is not liable, to be honest, simple like that.

Best
Eric
Fotosight

Postby Drew » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Eric,
I understand but without looking into your repair specifically I am afraid I won't be able to give you a satisfactory answer.
I am sorry you feel the unit is of poor quality and I understand that you may feel the failure of the unit was not your fault but again without a specific reference to a repair I cannot say whether or not that is true.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Fotosight » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:47 pm

hello Drew,

i only have a SN "PN00XXXX" and Invoice but nothing more.

Best
Eric
Last edited by Drew on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I thought it best to remove your Serial Number.
Fotosight

Postby Fotosight » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:49 pm

Hello Drew,

any news about the issue?

Best
Eric
Fotosight

Postby Drew » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Yes, a reply was sent to your email.
Drew