Batteries & Chargers

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Batteries & Chargers

Postby damienlovegrove » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:27 pm

Has anyone found the ideal charger / battery combination yet? I needed more batteries so I bought a Uniross universal charger and a couple of 'Energizer' compatable batteries on the internet. The batteries had a different contact design and although they looked likely to fit Canon video cameras they did not mate properly with the P25. The charger was poorly made and not worth keeping even though it had the facility of in car use. The whole lot went back for a refund. I will buy a couple more batteries from 'Teamwork' in the UK but still would like a decent charger for them.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby FlemmingHandberg » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:12 am

Phase One are using a Hähnel Twin102 charger which we think is quite ok. It can be bought anywhere and also at your Phase One Dealer

Here is our general recomendations about charging and handling batteries: http://support.phaseone.com/KB/Home/SearchKB/Article.aspx?articleid=1536&LanguageID=1
FlemmingHandberg
Crew
Crew

B&C

Postby erikhoffman » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:21 am

Hi Damien - Erik Here
you may be interested to look at canon CH-900B

this is a dual charger when connected to the mains but when the mains lead is removed the flying lead will slide into the battery compartment in the p25 and will give you hours of uninterupted operation with 2x3000ah
batteries - you can even change the weak one while still using the other one and continue shooting

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Canon_CH_900__5599299/TabId/4
erikhoffman

Batteries & Chargers

Postby damienlovegrove » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:34 am

Excellent. This will also solve the 'ice man's' issue. As the battery pack with two oversized batteries could be in an inside pocket powering the camera in extream cold. I'll order one in the morning!

It is likely I'll just use it as a charger rather than a power supply. I'll let you know how good the charging and cell condition indicator logic is.

Regards,

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Battery chargers

Postby damienlovegrove » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:55 pm

I tried to buy the charger but I can't believe no one sells them. I've even tried every 'reseller' on the Canon site. Even Ebay drew a blank and that's a first for me. Any ideas where I can buy a Canon CH 900 dual charger for P25 batteries are welcome.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby damienlovegrove » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:47 pm

Thanks for the New York link. I live in the UK and was expecting to be able to get one here. The company you linked to will post to the UK but I will have to pay US sales tax and UK VAT plus 20 dollars for a 14 day postal service. I'll hold out for a reply from Canon UK or from another post on this forum. But it's nice to know I have 1 option at least of getting the unit.

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby eleanorbrown » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:52 pm

Does anyone know just how many use cycles and charges these Phase One 2CR5 batteries are good for before their function starts to decline (I'm using them in my P25 back). Thanks, Eleanor Brown
eleanorbrown

Postby Mark 3 » Wed May 11, 2005 9:55 pm

I thought these batteries were approved, but now I am wondering if I bought the wrong thing. These are additional batteries, besides the ones that ship with the P25.

Battery:
Power2000 BP-915 7.4V 2000mAh

Charger:
Power2000 QP-8200, to charge 7.2 or 7.4V

Does anyone know if these are approved for the P25?
Mark 3

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs