tethered shooting with IEEE 1394 PCI express card

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

tethered shooting with IEEE 1394 PCI express card

Postby georgi » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi there
I own a Phase One camera with P30 back. for the shootings on location I'm using HP ProBook 4710s notebook. It has no IEEE 1394 interface. So I bought a Manhattan PCI Device IEEE1394 Fire wire Function Card. it's work fine with other devises but Capture One DB suplyed with the camera don't recognize my camera when I connect the camera with the notebook via this card. So I cant shoot tethered.
I have not such problem using tethered shooting the same way on my PC.
Do I wrong something, or I must use power supply additionally ? ( although interface is 6 pin fire wire 400 it has not provide power supply from the computer).

thank you in advance
georgi

Re: tethered shooting with IEEE 1394 PCI express card

Postby georgi » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:19 pm

sorry . the card is FireWire 400 ExpressCard/34
http://www.manhattan-products.com/en-US ... esscard-34
georgi

Re: tethered shooting with IEEE 1394 PCI express card

Postby Drew » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Odds are the card doesn't support the connection type necessary for the Phase One Digital Back.
Make sure the Device Manager sees the Digital Back first, if that can't load the driver for the back then the Software doesn't have a chance. Currently we do not have any tested and approved Laptop Express Cards, this is mainly due to the low success rate with the Firewire connection on PC laptops.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs