Write to card Error > Images appear \"striped\"

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Write to card Error > Images appear \"striped\"

Postby Michael2 » Mon May 23, 2005 4:11 am

I shot a full 1 gig card on a job, only to find when importing the images, all but 2 images (shot earlier in the day) seem to be corrupted.
I've tried to import from the card reader on two different computers with the same results.
The files appear vertically striped. You can see bars of the image between bars of white.
Anyone have this problem? There is some really important stuff on this card and I would really like to figure out if there is a way to recover the images.

There appears to be 900 megs of information recorded to the card, about 48 images.

Sandisk Extreme 1 GIG card
C1 version 3.7
Michael2

Postby FlemmingHandberg » Tue May 31, 2005 9:29 am

Hi

What is your firmware version of your back - it must be 3.1 in order to handle this card. See also this Knowledge Base article

http://support.phaseone.com/KB/Home/SearchKB/Article.aspx?articleid=1590&LanguageID=1
FlemmingHandberg
Crew
Crew

Never fill a card completeley

Postby eavesphoto » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:24 am

the more you fill the 1 gig card until its full, the slower it will write.
and you are more likely to get curroption (sp). I've experiense this fist hand with my 1ds Mark II and a P25 that I rented.
eavesphoto

Postby FlemmingHandberg » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:36 am

Yesterday Phase One launched a new firmware version which improves speed and security when writing on the flash card.

Please find details in the release note here http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/Digital%20Back%20Downloads.aspx
FlemmingHandberg
Crew
Crew

Firmware

Postby Mark 3 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:43 pm

These new features look very promising. Thank you all very much for continued support.
Mark 3

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs