P-25 changing manually set exposure

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

P-25 changing manually set exposure

Postby jjlphoto » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:13 pm

Regarding the P-25 tethered to a Mac/OSX 3.5+C1Pro/v3.5.2. When coupled to the H-1, and the camera is set to manual exposure of 1 second, the system works for a bit, but then something tells the H-1 to change the shutter speed to 1/15, yet I have made no adjustements to the camera. The P-25 was then switched over to a Mamiya 645, again set to manual exposure of 1 sec. Camera functioned at many 1 second exposures for a longer period of time, but every now and then, same quirk as with the H-1. For some reason, the P-25 back is communicating some strange signal to the camera body interfering with my manually dialed in shutter speed. Anybody else having this problem, or do I have a whacko rental P-25 back?
John Luke
member-ASMP
jjlphoto

speed change when it feels like

Postby erikhoffman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:14 am

1/ yes this is a bug , it happened all the time tethered or not and very annoying
2/ bug on file selection on C1PRO will not refresh as one has to close and open the program - phase1 said this will be rectified at the end of november
3/ shoot from C1PRO - cant do it - amazing
4/ capture information in C1PRO is incorrect not the same as on the P25 display.

Erik Hoffman on P25 Mamiya 645AFD
Mamiya P45,Nikon D2x,Kodak SLRn,DualX pc,Power Book G4
erikhoffman

Postby Von1 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:27 am

I just tried to duplicate your problem, but I could not. I set the exposure to f6.3 @ 1 second, fired off a few shots (untethered), allowed the camera to go into sleep mode, did a wake up, and still the same exposure that I originally dialed in, F6.3 @ 1 second.

I'm sure this is not related to the camera being tethered, so it's either the camera, or the back that is the problem. Take it back to your dealer, and have him test the back with another body, then try your body with a different back.

I'm using C1Pro 3.5.2 on my G5 2.0 Dual, and so far I've not had those capturing problems you mentioned

Von Thomas
DigitalTECH/NYC
P25/H1
Von1

exposure settings retained

Postby erikhoffman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:56 pm

well it may not happened immidiately but we have 2 cases here
I tried using it in the studio and set it to 125xF11 and sure after 5 minutes it changes and it is happening all the time so something is wrong

try to duplicate it for longer

regards

erik
erikhoffman

Capture info shows 1/64 instead of 1/125

Postby Michael Grøn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:04 pm

I have had a similar experience.

Shooting at 1/125, the image info in C1 shows 1/64. I checked H1 and it was set for 1/125.

I suspect that it is some kind of interface/conversion bug betwen H1 and P25.

Regards Michael
Michael Grøn

setting

Postby erikhoffman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:56 pm

thanks michael

r u in a pc or mac
erikhoffman

Postby Michael Grøn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:17 pm

Hi Erik

I am currently running on a PC.

Before getting the P25, I used a H101 on the H1. No or at least faulty capture info was also shown in C1 Pro. I put it down to the H101 being older than the H1 and thus not prepared to interface with this camera.

It might be platform related. It could be interesting to hear from Mac users.

I am currently considering switching - not because I have problems as such running on a PC, but simply because Mac users are enjoying more features/functions in C1 Pro sooner than PC users.

I find it pretty annoying that such features as a floating Focus window has been available in C1 for Mac at least since 3.5 and is not yet available in the PC version.

Would be interested in hearing the official PhaseOne policy in this respect. Can we expect features/functions to be released simultaneously for both Mac and PC in future?

Regards Michael
Michael Grøn

Postby erikhoffman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:52 pm

well I will not rush to switch so soon as I am more familiar with pc as well as repair and upgrade
I will wait for the new rev of C1PRO and see what they have improved
Its funny that one always wants the new better things but when they come out we dont even use them
I use dual xeon ant this program flies like a rocket

so give them a chance to get it right before changing

what do you mean the floating focus window

Erik
erikhoffman

Postby Michael Grøn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:26 pm

Well, I cannot really rush now anyway as I spent all my money on the P25 :wink:

I just hope that they will bring the Mac and PC version on an equall footing!

By floating window, I mean a window like a palette in Photoshop that can be dragged around inside or even out of the application window. This is particularly useful if you are using a dual monitor set-up.

As it is now you can either click on the focus tab to check focus or click on the exposure tab to adjust exposure. In the Mac version you can open/launch the focus 'tab' as a separate window. The point in this is that when making corrections on the exposure tab, you can immediately check the effect in the focus 'window' as you go.

I posted my personal wishlist for future release in the C1 for Windows forum. I hope that you and others will join in to help PhaseOne getting it right. :D

Regards Michael
Michael Grøn

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs