Custom Profiles C1Pro and P25 Hassy

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Custom Profiles C1Pro and P25 Hassy

Postby Sean1 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:07 pm

I'm needing to create custom profiles for individual shooting sets. Currently, I place a G- M Color Checker and shoot it with a standard color balance selected, like Flash or Tungsten. (Should I shoot a customized balance here using a gray card and loading that?) Then I take that RAW file into C1P, and I'm wanting it to process without ANY color management so as to get an unbiased file. In the White Balance Tool, choose Balance: As Shot and ICC Profile: Embed Camera profile. (I'm not trusting this choice.) What I'd like to choose is NONE, though there is no NONE choice. In the Process Tool I select TIF and for the Profile: Embed Camera Profile. Again, I'd like to choose NONE to as to keep the bias in the camera. I want to process this UNBIASED TIF and and use G-M EyeOne ColorMatch to create a custom profile, which I can then put in my colorsync folder and process the rest of my images using that profile chosen in the Process Tools > Profile. Or perhaps I should just wait and do the conversion from camera profile to this ICC custom file in Photoshop. Any help with custom color workflows would be super appreciated.
Sean1

Postby Ulf » Wed May 18, 2005 9:41 am

The software does not allow to turn of colour managment completely however in Capture One 3.7 you can choose in the white balance tool -> ICC-Profile -> Other profiles -> \"Phase One - no color correction\"
This will develop a file without any color correction compaired to RAW data.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs