P25 slow to display previews

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

P25 slow to display previews

Postby toby1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:49 pm

ihave an H25 and a P25 (H1) the P25 seems to take an awfully long time to display the image on screen compared to the H25 (G5 dual 1.8 2gig ram) it seems to sit in the ram buffer for ages and the screen redraw settings are not available in the preferences when conected to a P25 to speed them up is this to do with the IIQ raw compression?

would a faster graphics card help?? or is a dual 1.8 now two slow to cope with IIQraw's

also if you try and check focus or adjust exposure etc while shooting it tends to crash the whole program (im an operator not a photographer) im using 3.61

any ideas?
toby1

Postby Jesper1 » Thu May 12, 2005 3:12 pm

hi - please update to 3.7 - is avaliable now
Jesper1
Crew
Crew

Postby Ashley11 » Fri May 13, 2005 10:28 pm

I've tried to download the latest version of C1 Pro.

5 times I've tried over the past two days and it's taking about 2 hours each time.
Each time just before the end of the download it stops and I get messages like \"Mounting failed\" or \"Verification failed\".

Very, very annoying after having to wait so long each time

Can one get the program on CD or some other way beside downloading :?:

Cheers
Ashley
Ashley11

Postby Ashley11 » Sun May 15, 2005 12:23 pm

First of I would like to thank James Russell for this time and trouble helping me download the latest version of C1 - very much appreciated.

So now I have 3.7 loaded on both my G5 dual processor with 2Gb Ram and on my G4 PowerBook, 1.5Ghz, with 1.5Gb of Ram and a 7200rpm hard drive.

Tested it straight away with the P25 back on a Hasselbald 555ELD.

Over a one minute period I held my finger on the bottom to see how fast it would shoot.

The results:
On the G5, with the buffer set to 10 and the Capture File Format set to llQ Raw-Large, I got 25 frames. It seemed very glitchy and was never sure when the camera was going to fire again.
On the G4 PowerBook, with the buffer set to 10 and the Capture File Format set to llQ Raw-Large, I got 16 frames. Very, very glitchy and I only got a 4 to 5 frame buffer before it really slowed down. The spacing between captures we all over the place, some being quite quick others taking ages.

So I did the same test with C1 Pro 3.6.1 - the program that I had been using up to now.

The results:
On the G5, with the buffer set to 10 and the Capture File Format set to llQ Raw-Large, I got 31 frames. It was smooth, one frame after another at a rate of 1 every 2 seconds.
On the G4 PowerBook, with the buffer set to 10 and the Capture File Format set to llQ Raw-Large, I got 21 frames. The first 13 frames were fast and then it slowed down; however, it was consistent and smooth.

Denmark, we have a problem :roll:

Once again, I would like to thank James for this time and trouble but I for one won't be using 3.7 - it's to slow and glitchy.

Ashley :(
Ashley11

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs