Black & white

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Black & white

Postby damienlovegrove » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:12 pm

Has anyone got a b&w capture profile for the P25 that matches panchromatic film? Or is there a way of simply completely desaturating an image at capture, with the option of resetting the captures to colour at a later stage.

I'm so happy with my H1-P25 combo. I too am going to have arms like Popeye in a few months!
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby Ulf » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:29 am

Panchromatic is IR film, to capture IR images you need to have a back with out IR filter which we have a few users that use.
To shoot as \"normal\" film after this you will have to use a filter on the lense instead. Remounting filter on the back requiers a special clean room and by that it can only be done at Phase One.

If it is only desaturation you are looking for then there is the color tool in the software where you can create the kind of profiles you are looking for.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Jesper1 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:35 am

Hi, you could also try this B/W ICC profile PhaseOne have made. It is a generic profile but quite ok. Follow the link for the download section.

http://www.phaseone.com/content/downloa ... s/h20.aspx
Jesper1
Crew
Crew

b&w

Postby damienlovegrove » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:21 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll give it a go.

In my dictionary panchromatic film is described as:

Noun
panchromatic film - photographic film sensitive to light of all colors (including red)
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

b&w

Postby damienlovegrove » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:58 pm

The profile change worked very well indeed when applied in the batch window. Thank you all. I can now Quickproof my viewing files as b&w for the client without having to go near Pshop.

Regards,

D.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Re: Black & white

Postby Lucas12 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:42 am

damienlovegrove wrote:Has anyone got a b&w capture profile for the P25 that matches panchromatic film? Or is there a way of simply completely desaturating an image at capture, with the option of resetting the captures to colour at a later stage.

I'm so happy with my H1-P25 combo. I too am going to have arms like Popeye in a few months!

Hi Damian,
I've bought the H1/P25 combo, too, but am still using the H25 loan back while I wait for the P. I am looking forward to no cables, no adapter! Anyway, I have recently shot a job on my H25 using the H20 B&W profile from Phase One and found the results to be stunning. One thing I discovered, however, is by experimenting with combinations of colour-balance and Mag-Grn adjustments in C1 and you will find you can play with the look of the B&W result. Especially true with skintones.
Have a go!,
Cheers,
Lucas
Mac OS 10.6.8 & 10.7, C1 Pro 6.4.3, P25+/H2, 5D Mk II & 5D Mk III
Lucas12

Tint adjustments with B&W

Postby damienlovegrove » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:45 pm

Hi Lucas,

Great tip and thanks for sharing that with me. I found the same through trial and error. For a recent childrens shoot I used a green bias and applied it tothe selected images of the boys, and the girls had a magenta bias. Then when quickproofed for viewing, the results were excellent and far better than a general Pshp batch.

Regards,

Damien.

Fredom of the P25 is worth the wait!
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

b&w icc profile

Postby erikhoffman » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:40 am

Hi Damien

I tried the link myself but its not for P25 where did u get the profile
for black and white

Erik
Mamiya P45,Nikon D2x,Kodak SLRn,DualX pc,Power Book G4
erikhoffman

B&W profile

Postby Lucas12 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:24 am

Erik,
I was shooting on the H25 and using the H20's B&W profile available on the Phase One site, which seems to work well. In fact, I use profiles not designed for my body sometimes and just see what works.
sorry for any confusion.
Lucas
Lucas12

bw prof

Postby erikhoffman » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:07 pm

thanks Lucas
but the link download a program that ask me to connect the camera to the pc so i am a bit concern as it may load the wrong thing

where is the black and white profile on phase web

thanks Erik
erikhoffman

B&W profiles

Postby Lucas12 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:27 am

Erik,
just looked on the site and saw your quandry, it seems the download is missing and a camera updater is there instead.
It may be worth asking the question to the support people. They may not have realised it's missing.
Failing that, I possiblt could email them to you. Or post them on a web page? May not be able to do that right away, though, I'm a bit flat-out.
Cheers,
Lucas
Lucas12

b&w icc profile

Postby erikhoffman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:01 pm

thanks Lucas

I thought for a minute I cant see or stupid
well if you can email me that will be great (pc of course)
Erik
erikhoffman

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs