Owners club closed to new P25 users

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Owners club closed to new P25 users

Postby damienlovegrove » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:03 pm

Apparently my serial number for my P25 back is not valid and no one has been able to buy a Phase One back since October according to the drop down options in the owners club web site.

I really need help from the main forum posts in the owners section and I am increasingly frustrated. Please, can someone give me a valid serial number so I can get in!

My P25 is for the H1.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby Ulf » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:15 am

Due to some techincal difficulties there is a issue signing up with serial numbers from p-series backs.
If you logg a support case at http://support.phaseone.com with your serial number we will make sure that you gain access.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Re:

Postby fwlun » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:31 pm

UlfLiljegren wrote:Due to some techincal difficulties there is a issue signing up with serial numbers from p-series backs.
If you logg a support case at http://support.phaseone.com with your serial number we will make sure that you gain access.

I also received my new P25 for H1 over one week ago and I experienced the same problem on registration using my P25 Serial Number. Same invalid S/N as stated in Damienlovegrove. I also sent a message to your support as you suggested above. It has been almost one week and I heard nothing from anyone. This is not the same service or support I used to know from PhaseOne. Hope somene will get back to me quick.

Also when I tried to run your P Series Firmware Updater using my PowerMac G5 with OS 10.3.5, I got the dialogue showing: No firmware available. What also puzzled me was the Firmware Updater is V1.8.8 but on the Digital Back it showed Firmware Main 2.0.2. It does not make sense! Can someone help me if I need to udate firmware to 2.0.2 and how. Thank you.
fwlun

Owners club out of bounds to P25 users

Postby damienlovegrove » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:16 pm

fwlun, I now have a case number 4548 and I'll let you know when it gets dealt with. I'm sure there is a great resource of info to tap into when we finally gain access.

Regards,

D.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby Ulf » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:41 pm

I will check in to what has happened, I believe its pending upon the fix of the owners club, this still does not excuse that you have not received an update on the current status of this issue.
Check on the menu of the P25 - Configuration and About, your camera back should contain firmware 2.0.2
1.8.8 firmware was only supporting the P25 and P20 for Mamiya 645AFD and Hasselblad V model.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Re:

Postby fwlun » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:44 pm

UlfLiljegren wrote:I will check in to what has happened, I believe its pending upon the fix of the owners club, this still does not excuse that you have not received an update on the current status of this issue.
Check on the menu of the P25 - Configuration and About, your camera back should contain firmware 2.0.2
1.8.8 firmware was only supporting the P25 and P20 for Mamiya 645AFD and Hasselblad V model.

Thanks for your quick response. My P25 showed firmware 2.0.2 so I assumed that was the most up-to-date one.

Looking forward to their fix on the owners club.
fwlun

Re: Owners club out of bounds to P25 users

Postby fwlun » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:49 pm

damienlovegrove wrote:fwlun, I now have a case number 4548 and I'll let you know when it gets dealt with. I'm sure there is a great resource of info to tap into when we finally gain access.

Regards,

D.

Thanks.

How did you find your back digital noise? I was given H25 while I was waiting for my P25. It seemed that H25 did not have as much problem on noise than P25. Though I am not sure at this point since I am still trying different settings with this back.

Best regards,
fwlun

P25 Noise

Postby damienlovegrove » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:47 pm

No noise at up to 100 ISO. Slight noise in deep shadows at 200 and obvious but not obtrusive noise at 400. Above that I use 400 under exposed 1 stop rather than the 800 setting. Again, this seems acceptable. Pictures are just so good that my hairs stand on end when I view my Piezography prints from the P25.

regards,

Damien.

PS: I had a response saying the web site may be sorted sometime next week.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Owners club form

Postby John2 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:44 pm

Just to say that I have registered my P25 without trouble on the owner's club page, as at 1930 Friday (new toy excitment!), so perhaps all is now well in cgi land...?

fwlun - don't I know you from the Archive Creator forum?
Have you also crossgraded from the Kodak 645 back to Phase One??
Small world......!
John de Garis
Nikon D800, D4, D3, D3x IR convert
& snaps with Lumix LX7
Windows 7 64bit, i7 Intel
John2

I'm in!

Postby damienlovegrove » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:56 am

Thanks for the previous post. I too am in. Sometimes it's better to travel than to arrive.

This is the right place for the forum, out in the open. Although the previous posts in the owners only bit has made interesting reading, C1 has moved on and my grasp of the software is really taking hold now. I feel less frightened and more in control.

I need a creative fix now as the technology buzz deminishes.

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Re: Owners club form

Postby fwlun » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:43 pm

digipixel wrote:Just to say that I have registered my P25 without trouble on the owner's club page, as at 1930 Friday (new toy excitment!), so perhaps all is now well in cgi land...?

fwlun - don't I know you from the Archive Creator forum?
Have you also crossgraded from the Kodak 645 back to Phase One??
Small world......!

Hi, Digipixel:

Yes, I'm the one. I transitioned from the Kodak 645 to P25. However, I am still experimenting with my P25 (with H1 body) which so far is not as good as their H25 (with Hasselblad V body). May be I am still not familiar with P25 yet. So far the image I got was not as good. I will experiment some more to find out. What about you?
fwlun

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs