Long exposures on P25/H1

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Long exposures on P25/H1

Postby photo41 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:15 am

I have been shooting with my P25/H1 and I am very satisfied with the results.  However, I noticed that whenever the shot requires a long exposure (i.e. night shots), the images are filled with specks of red green and blue.  These “specks” completely fills up the image, especially in dark/shadow areas.  The funny thing is that when I mean long exposure, I mean anything more than 1 second.  This happens 9 out of 10 times when I need long exposure.  I tried some shots with 3 minute exposures, and the image on my computer looks like glitters!
As you can imagine, I am very worried whenever I need to take shots that requires anything more than 1 second exposure.  Can someone provide me with some insight on this matter?  Spent so much money and now I am faced with this problem.
I have raised this question but most tells me it should not have any problems up to 15 to 30 seconds; actually, some have taken shots up to 20 mins! Is it possible that my back isn't performing up to spec ?

Thank you for your input in advance.
photo41

Postby Ulf » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:41 am

I believe you missed one very important detail out.
Under what ISO?
I have my self done 36sec exposure under ISO 50 with fantastic results.
ISO 400 / 800 are not ment for buld exposures.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby photo41 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:16 pm

Sorry, I shot at ISO 50.
photo41

Postby damienlovegrove » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:35 pm

I am often shooting on ISO 100 for 8 seconds or even 20 seconds without any unexpected noise at all. Send your P25 back to Phase One. It must be a problem. I know exactly what you mean because my S2 had exactly he same issue and it was fixed by Fuji with a change of sensor. I have the H1 P25 combination and it is briliant on long exposures. The chip takes ages to reset ready for the next exposure though.

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby Ulf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:37 am

If this is the case contact your dealer for verification and they will take actions from there.
Kind Regards
Ulf Liljegren
Phase One
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs