Magenta cast on the left side of the image

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Magenta cast on the left side of the image

Postby babak » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:29 am

I am noticing a magenta cast on the left side of most of my images. It is subtle but noticeable in snow or clear sky. I have been trying to ignore it, but each time I am forced to reduce the magenta value on the left side of the image to get consistent color accross, I wonder if this could be due to a hardware or firmware problem.

Can anyone else confirm a similar issue, or does support recognize this?

Thanks
babak

Postby Ulf » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:26 pm

This can be several things, it canbe lenses and camera back calibration.
What you should do now is following:
1. Contact your dealer about the problem.
2. If he can confirm it and not find a solution he will contact Phase One.
3. Phase One will find a solution to the issue in conjunction with your dealer.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby babak » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:03 pm

Thank you.
babak

Postby babak » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:05 am

Ulf

I have been running tests over the week-end with all my lenses, including the 24mm Schneider digitar, which I was using for the first time. My other lenses are all Hasselblad V CFEs: 40, 120, 250 Superachromat.

I found some color casts with all of them. 40mm showed the least. Digitar was the worst, showing both magenta/green and blue/yellow casts. But to my surprise, both telephotos also had it. It is typically a magenta cast on 20% of the of the image on the left and some on the right. But the location changes slightly with the lens.

I will meet my vendor on Moday to verify the problem and try to decide if it is being caused by the lenses or the back. Do you have any insights? Note: I just had the 120 Makroplanar repaired because a shutter defect was blurring and throwing a strong magenta/green cast on the images.

Thank you
babak

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs