P45 red light firewire problem

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

P45 red light firewire problem

Postby Bill12 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:59 am

Hello,
I have a P45 which I shoot tethered to a Mac Quad G5. My computer has 200gb of free space. I use the latest version of Capture One Pro. I use it on a Sinar P2 with the Phase sliding adapter and mechanical shutters.

Every Fifth exposure the red light on the P45 stays lit and the file does not get transfered to the computer. There is no card or battery in the P45. To fix the problem I have to disconnect the firewire from the back and reattach. It is good for another 5 exposures. On the exposure before the fifth, the red light does not stay on but the file never shows in Capture one. I am then able to take another exposure where the red light does stay on.

Also, just noticed. Under the camera icon in Capture One, it will keep saying Retransmitting lost data...
Next to Burst: there are three yellow dots. When it is working, there are two yellow dots and one green.
Bill12

Postby Ulf » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:50 pm

Hello

We have had a few of this reports coming in and R&D is working on it as a top priority.
It seems to be isolated to Quad G5's and we have been able to recently reproduce it.
Solution will be available evry soon.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs