Hello I am new, and happy!

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Hello I am new, and happy!

Postby Tom12 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:44 pm

Hello I am Tom Upton, you can call me tommy, my friends do; and i am new to Phase one.(':roll:') I have emerged from the mid ice age where i uesd a Leaf DCB2. (yes no more filter wheel and no more gain tables nasty looks!) I am interested in knowing others who have switched from Leaf and the Leafcapture to the Phase one.
(is there an easy to name files like when we could when \"exporting\" a leaf file to disc. the Leaf would shoot; hold for saving and I realize that the C1Pro software saves the image first and asks questions later! the whole file naming protocol has me flummoxed so some help would be greatly appreciated javascript:emoticon(':shock:')

I got the P20 and am looking forward to using the heck out of this beautiful amazing object of photographic desire. I work in San Francisco as photography director in a prepress, printing, and digital imaging company. We do lots of diverse stuff. Copy work to family portraits ediorial and adverts; so i have lots of questions for veteran Phase One users. I am also using Canon DSLRs so the idea of C1Pro was also appealing. I am looking forward to joining in the discussions
Sincerely
Tom Upton
Tom Upton
Photographer
TomStudio
Menlo Park, CA
Tom12

Naming files

Postby Eric Joakim » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm

Hi Tom,
Hopefully I understand your question re file naming correctly so apologies if I'm off target, but with the P20 you shoot to a CF card and then import the images directly to Capture One. You have the option to name the files automatically during the import. In addition, you can easily rename an image or collection of images in the Capture One software (if on a Mac simply ctrl-click on the thumbnail).
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Eric.
Eric Joakim
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs