problem with P20 connected to Capture One DB 3.7.3 on WIN XP

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

problem with P20 connected to Capture One DB 3.7.3 on WIN XP

Postby ricpic » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:55 pm

Could anybody advise me what the problem is if the connection of P20 to softwate Capture One 373 on WIN XP does not work? I have tried all available drivers which system WINDOWS XP offers. I know that the problem is here, because digital back P20 on system WIN 2000 works without any problems.
ricpic

Postby Ulf » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:52 pm

First off all check your device manager if the back is installed.
Start-> Settings-> Control Panel-> System-> Hardware-> Device manager.
The camera back should show up under \"Imaging Devices\"
If it doesn't, then it might be in there as a \"Unknown device\".
if so then double click on it and update the driver. The driver can be found in c:\\Program Files\\Phase One\\Capture One DB when promted for it.

If it shows up under Imagine Device but has an exclamation mark on it :!: the it might be a Microsoft Service Pack 2 issue.
Workaround can be found here:
http://support.phaseone.com/KB/Home/Sea ... nguageID=1
Ulf
Crew
Crew

reaction on the problem solution

Postby ricpic » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:56 pm

We all revised according to your instructions, we used drivers service pack1, but the problem still exist unchangable. We tried IEE1394 on a bord and also in connection on extarnal card. We tried to change the drivers, but unfortunatelly any process does not lead to digital back and software working.

Would you advise us something more to do?
ricpic

Postby Ulf » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:21 pm

I do need to know what is happening.
How does the device show up in the device manager?
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby ricpic » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:45 pm

in device manager the device for working with pictures (this is approximate translation, because I have Czech version of WIN XP) there is appears in the case of turn on of digital back P20 \"phase one p 20\", driver's version 1.31.1.1.

The digital back at this moment announces that it is connected with PC, but only shows number of pictures which can be captured on CF card and not on computer.

At the moment of set up of software C1, the software not always connected P20, but after using driver from Service Pack SP1 connects almost always.
ISO changes work in software in connection with digital back.

On the digital back the number of pictures does not appear, but only 6,9k.

After exposition the back shows a picture, but the software C1 announces an error during the transfer of picture.

The software C1 again shows that it is ready for the transfer.

At the moment of closing down the digital back sometimes it is not possible without mechanical pulling out the cable IEE1394.
ricpic

Postby Ulf » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:07 pm

OK, good we are getting closer.
On the digital back the number of pictures does not appear, but only 6,9k.

k=kilo=Thusand, so what it says is you have room for 6900 images which will be your computer when there is no CF cards that can take that many images.
Also you should have is a firewire symbol in the bottom of the screen.
If computer keeps telling you that you have a transfer error but you can shoot fine to your old computer then you probably simply is not using a firewire card that is fully firewire compliant.
We recommend the Orange Micro cards or Belkin.

I suggest you contact your local Phase One dealer when they can help you out quicker then we can here on the forum.

http://www.phaseone.com/Global/Dealers/ ... urope.aspx
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Ulf » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:00 pm

..just to add:
Here is our list of recommended FireWire cards which we have tested and verified to work correctly:
http://support.phaseone.com/KB/Home/Sea ... nguageID=1
Ulf
Crew
Crew

After elimination of the problem with transfer, new problem

Postby ricpic » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:31 am

According to your advices and lots of varieties of drivers, we were successful in making functional transfer from digital back to C1. Unfortunatelly with one grand error, there is red stripe on all captured pictures. I am inclosing the link how it looks like....

http://www.phb.cz/probl1.jpg

Of course, I have everything tried on CF card and on WIN 2000 and there are no stripes there. I will be very pleased if somebody advise me with this new problem.
ricpic

Postby Ulf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:29 pm

That looks like a transfer error.
Either it is the firewire cable, firewire card or it is interference for the firewire cable.
The last thing can hapen when the cable is running over or close to flash generator or cable or simular that create magnetic fields.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs