Wide aspect ratio stitching

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Wide aspect ratio stitching

Postby Anton2 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:35 am

I would be very interested in being able to stitch together two captures from my P25 in landscape mode, so the final image would be 36mm x 96mm. In fact if I could do that I'd be very tempted to get a Cambo Wide for just such a purpose. I think the FlexAdapter only allows the P25 to mount in portait orientation does it not? KaptureGroup says their stitching adapter allows mounting in either orientation, but their groundglass does not appear to be marked for it, and in fact doesn't appear to be big enough to show a double wide frame with the P25. Anybody know for sure about either adapter? And does C1 allow stiching two horizontals together?
Anton2

Postby Stephen11 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi Anton,

I have shot stitched images on my flex adapter with my H25 in landscape mode, only problem was that I had to marry the images in Photoshop rather than using C1. Also beware of colour shift towards the edge of the lens. Even though I use digitar lenses, the coverage is still limited near the edge.

Hope this helps in some way.

Steve
Stephen11

Re:

Postby Anton2 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:28 pm

Steve VC wrote:Hi Anton,

I have shot stitched images on my flex adapter with my H25 in landscape mode, only problem was that I had to marry the images in Photoshop rather than using C1. Also beware of colour shift towards the edge of the lens. Even though I use digitar lenses, the coverage is still limited near the edge.

Hope this helps in some way.

Steve

Thanks Steve. So C1 doesn't support stitching landscapes? And does the flex adapter have detents for landscape orientation or did you use the portrait ones and have an extra big overlap in the center? The groundglass is just marked for portrait two-shot right?
Anton2

Postby Stephen11 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:36 pm

Hi Anton,

I just used the indents that were there and as you say, had a very big overlap and masked the two images through in CS.

My Flex adapter was purchased with my first Lightphase, therefore, has the wrong indents for my subsequent backs, being H20, the H25 and now P45. However the stitch still works like a dream when needed, just some guess work required with the markings on the focus screen, but I'm used to knowing where the chip will be.

Kind regards

Steve.
Stephen11

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs