Stitching images with a P20

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Stitching images with a P20

Postby Guy G » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:05 am

This week I am shooting a new hotel. I am going to be using my P20 on my Contax. One of my shots is a room interior . With the crop factor of 1.4 my 35mm lens is not wide enough. Any suggestions on how to stitch multiple shots to get the result I need? Don't want to shoot 4x5!
Guy
Guy G

Postby Ulf » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:06 pm

To make some input from Phase One.
We recommend using 4x5 and a flexadapter.
If you do not want to do this you will have to do the images as best as you can on a tripod and develop the files and stich them in PhotoShop where you can do a match on the images. The stich action in Capture One you can not use when your images will never be perfect pixel by pixel matching.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby Dillon » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:13 pm

For your camera, the stitching will be difficult. I use the Rollei Xact and shift the back over, for a splice of two, or a splice of four, if I also shift up and down.

Tip; keep objects far from the camera. Anything close will never stitch. If you have the money, purchase a stitching program such as \"RealViz Stitcher\". It really works.
Dillon

Stitching Images with a P20

Postby Guy G » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:43 am

Hi Dillon,

Where can I check out \"RealViz Stitcher\"? What's the cost?

Guy
Guy G

Postby Dillon » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:41 am

Guy,

Stitcher is at;

http://www.realviz.com/products/st/index.php

When I bought the software, it ran around $450.00 (US). The learning curve is difficult (but fun). You also need a \"spherical elevation bracket\". It goes on the head of your tripod for exact calculated measurements of the camera. Some people do it without the bracket. The bracket ran me about an additional $400 or $500.00

They have samples on the site, and the forums. Or click on www by my name and see some more.

I should be using it more than I am at the moment. It has good value for stitching \"flat\" i.e spherical. The QTVR 360's never really caught on, hence I stick with the work that pays. Stills.
Dillon

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs