help, P25 stopped working

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

help, P25 stopped working

Postby stefan211 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:48 pm

Please can someone help me as soon as possible. I was shooting with my P25 on my contax 645 when the camera turned itself off. When I turned off the back the camera started up again. When I tried to turn on the back again it would not turn on. Both the red and green LED lights on the top right of the back come on but then nothing else happens. The red LED light under the compact flash card space is on permanently whether I try to turn the back on or keep it turned off, and whether there is a card in the slot or not. The problem persists if I have the back attached to the camera or not. I have had the back for over a month shooting continuously without any problems until now. My local dealer cannot help until next week and I have shoots lined up for the weekend. Does anyone have a clue what has happened? Thanks
stefan211

Postby Ulf » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:54 pm

Red and Green lights on permanenlty normaly means that there is a firmware issue in the back and it can not start up properly.
Download the firmware upgrader here:
http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloa ... s/P25.aspx
Plug in back, if you are on Mac hold down shift while launching the firmware upgrader program.
And upgrade back with new firmware.
This should sort the situation.

Note that the best thing to do is to always contact your dealer if you are in the use for fast support.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Postby stefan211 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. I do not use a mac, but will try to upgrade firmware.

I did contact my local dealer immediately, but they were unable to help immediately and have said that I should bring the back in tomorrow, but I do not envisage them being able to do anything other than sending my back to Denmark. They do not have any contax backs here in the Czech Repbublic to lend me in the meantime.

Thanks again

Stefan
stefan211

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs