let me demo a back please!

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

let me demo a back please!

Postby ckilkus@yahoo.com » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:34 pm

I am considering purchasing a P20, which sounds like a good back for what I do. I shoot fashion mostly for catalogs so I don't need or want the resolution of a 22 megapixel back. But before I spend $17,000 I want to try the P20 out on a job.

Unfortuantely, I can only find 22 megapixel backs to rent. And I haven't found a way to demo one fo these on a job. Anyone know how?

I stopped using 22megapixel backs because I'll have 100 to 200 GB's of files to deal with at the end of the day and that was just crazy. I could even shoot my jobs on an 8 megapixel Canon 1dMII, which is enough resolution for the client. But there is a problem using the DSLR tethered to C1Pro (a delay in the preview) so I am stuck using a back. I want to try out one of these 18 megapixel backs on a real job to see how it fits into my workflow, if it is significantly easier to work with than a 22 megapixel.
ckilkus@yahoo.com

Postby Joe121 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:02 pm

If you're located in Canada, we can help you.

Let me know
Joe121

Re: let me demo a back please!

Postby lanceschad » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:26 pm

ckilkus wrote:I am considering purchasing a P20, which sounds like a good back for what I do. I shoot fashion mostly for catalogs so I don't need or want the resolution of a 22 megapixel back. But before I spend $17,000 I want to try the P20 out on a job.

Unfortuantely, I can only find 22 megapixel backs to rent. And I haven't found a way to demo one fo these on a job. Anyone know how?

I stopped using 22megapixel backs because I'll have 100 to 200 GB's of files to deal with at the end of the day and that was just crazy. I could even shoot my jobs on an 8 megapixel Canon 1dMII, which is enough resolution for the client. But there is a problem using the DSLR tethered to C1Pro (a delay in the preview) so I am stuck using a back. I want to try out one of these 18 megapixel backs on a real job to see how it fits into my workflow, if it is significantly easier to work with than a 22 megapixel.

if you are around pennsylvania i can possibly assist you. please let me know.
lance schad
lschad@ssi-digital.com
lanceschad

Postby ckilkus@yahoo.com » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:22 pm

Thank you!

I'm actually in Los Angeles, but I found a company out of Colorado that will rent me a P20 called Global Imaging.
ckilkus@yahoo.com

Postby Ulf » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:48 pm

I suggest otherwise that you call our sales rep for western U.S.A
http://www.phaseone.com/Global/Dealers/ ... erica.aspx
There is plenty of local Phase One dealers in Califonia.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs