P25 + H1 TTL question!

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

P25 + H1 TTL question!

Postby olo1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:16 pm

Hi!

how can I solve the problem that TTL does not work with a digital back since Hasselblad does not have a portable flash system of their own which is capable of TTL.

I would have loved to use the Lumedyne Signature flash system + H1 SCA adapter 3902 + H1 and of course my digital back P25..... :roll:

cheers Nicolas
olo1

Postby damienlovegrove » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:00 pm

I use the Metz SCA 3902 adapter for the H1 with the Metz 54 MZ4 flashgun plus a Stofen diffuser on an SCA 3008 Am coiled lead for full TTL hand held operation.

I use a Quantum Qpax system with the Qflash X4D (400 joule) battery flash kit for the more demanding jobs on location without mains. I use the system with the Quantum TTL unit dedicated for the H1 and I have the new TTL 'freewire' unit on order. This will give totally wireless TTL control of the Quantum units.

For more power still I use my Bowens system on manual.

I hope this helps.

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Thanks

Postby olo1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:27 am

Damien,

thanks for your reply!
Just to doublecheck: You ARE using the P25 with TTL?

Hasselblad Germany just sent me an email stating that TTL with the 3902 IS possible with the H1 + a digital back! How else would the built in flash work???!!! That is actually correct, there is no outside sensor AFAIK

cheers Nicolas

PS: today I am testing the Lumedyne Signature flash system with TTL + H1+ P25.... I will let you know
olo1

Postby damienlovegrove » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:53 pm

Yes I'm using TTL with the H1. It doesn't matter weather you use film, or digital. The metering sensor for the flash is in the H1 body. It is a very accurate sensor. You can even use the camera as a flash meter to measure the light if you wish. It gives you a read out on the lcd display in ev's or f/s settings. Anyway I use the P25 back and it behaves impecably with the Metz kit. Metz and Hasselblad are one and the same in the UK. I am hoping the Quantum kit is as good as I want wireless TTL control at functions and in changeable light outdoors. I'll keep you posted when the new adapter arrives.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Works

Postby olo1 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:37 am

Hi!

Just tested H1+P25 and the Lumedyne Signature flash system
over TTL (SCA 3902):

it works like a charm, quick and easy....

Now, if there was x-mas already I would LOVE to get a TTL ringflash with the Lymedyne.... 8)

cheers Nicolas
olo1

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs