I bought an Aptus

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

I bought an Aptus

Postby NN876642 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:28 pm

I bought the Leaf Aptus 17 for 18,995 from fotocare in NY. I was debating between the p20 and the Aptus 17 for a while. I liked the bluetooth feature that the aptus said was included and the thought of a hd touchscreen.

We I placed the order, it shipped with Capture 8 because 10 was not available and my bluetooh was not selectable due to a firmware upgrade that would no be available untill Leaf Capture 10 arrives. Reading the specs online and shooting tethered to my g5 I noticed that my files were bigger than spec and the software recognized the back as the Aptus 22. And when I shot outside the crop frame in the viewfinder it captured everything.

I spoke to the rep and they said that I was shipped an Aptus 22 with an Aptus 17 Badge.

I want the P30 for the mp and and no more moire feature, but I need more specs and a release date. I shoot with an H1 and 31mp will be cool.

I heard Canon will be dropping a new camera next year that will range between 28 and 34 mp should I wait for that. It may be a 1ds mk2 replacement for the same price.

I shoot beauty and fashion in the washington dc area

thanks

trini
NN876642

Postby Ulf » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:40 am

I would suggest that you contact one of the Phase One sales reps in the U.S, here is names and contact info: http://www.phaseone.com/Global/Dealers/ ... erica.aspx
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs