Flat battery in P25

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Flat battery in P25

Postby olo1 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:05 pm

When I leave a fully charged battery in my P25 back for two days without switching the back on, or if I use it only with firewire straight into my PB the battery is completely flat...

Not only that this is odd and not very practical, I am afraid that the battery will be eventually damaged and will need to be replaced... :?

Any idea what could cause that? Is there a \"standby\" voltage running somewhere? I have the back set on auto off after 5 min...

And no, the back sits in the case without having the on/off butten tapped...

cheers Nicolas
olo1

Postby Michael Grøn » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:15 pm

Hi Nicholas

Have you upgraded your firmware to the latest version?

There was a battery issue in the previous version draining the battery even if the back was switched off.

Regards
Michael
Michael Grøn

Postby olo1 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Michael!

Actually I did, a few days ago... :roll:

Since there is a tiny scratch on my protection glass (from the very beginning) I will have the guys at PhaseOne look into this battery issue as well...

There should actually a dummy available to put in that gap where the battery sits, so I could leave the real ones aside... If this is a \"draining\" issue of some sort! Which of course should NOT be happening :x IMHO this back did cost a bit more than a pack of chewing gums...

cheers and thanks for the idea anyway
Nicolas
olo1

Postby Michael Grøn » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:26 am

Hi Nicolas

Of course the P25 is not a cheap back, but PhaseOne did act professionally when they found out that the firmware revision drained the battery and retracted the update from the net immediately only to present a revised firmware version to counteract the battery drain a few days later.

It might well be that your battery is defective or perhaps your charger.

FYI, I can tell you that I have just returned from an international workshop in Norway where I had the opportunity to shoot alongside four Leaf Aptus 22 shooters. While I was able to get a whole days' shoot on one battery, the Leaf guys only got a few hours of shooting on their battery pack and had to go back to the hotel to recharge shortly after noon.

Having said that I was a bit envious of the Leaf Aptus shooters. The screen on the Aptus is simply brilliant - a large and clear full-size screen really allowing you to check/verify your image and a much more flexible focusing tool than the PhaseOne focus tool.

Now, I wish that PhaseOne would see that a bigger screen is really needed!

Regards Michael
Michael Grøn

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs