pinhole

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

pinhole

Postby PhaseoneUser58677 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:50 pm

dear people, I am an artist/photographer and want to do an experiment. I changed my Hasselblad into a pinhole camera by taking off the lens and use a lens cover with a hole. By removing the lens I also removed the lens shutter. Besides I have to work with the mirror in the up position.
So I cannot make a connection between the back and the shutter. Still I would like to use the dig. back. Does anyone know a way to find a solution. I have made several camera's and want to take all of them on a trip into the Himalayas.
PhaseoneUser58677

Re: pinhole

Postby Drew » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Hasselblad V or H?
All you should need is a Wake-Up cable and a steady hand/patience (+adaptor depending on the above question) and you can use your back as if you were on a 4x5 camera.

Item #50300074
http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/artic ... nguageid=1

The workflow would be to;
1. Press "Wake up" button
2. Press shutter release on Camera
3. Press and Hold "Wake Up" button for duration of exposure
3. Release the "Wake up" button when the exposure ends

UPDATE:
Just because the concept peaked my interest, I hobbled this together for a quick test. It's a P30+ on an H system with a cardboard lens, I just needed to put tape between the H's contact pins and the back to prevent a "No lens Attached" error. It's clear I need to clean this sensor but just to illustrate the possibility you can see my office view below;
Last edited by Drew on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated with Photo
Drew
Crew
Crew

Re: pinhole

Postby PhaseoneUser58677 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks Drew,
I got the same answer from Jim and the cable and adapter are ordered. I hope I can start playing over the weekend.
If it interests you, you can order a readymade pinhole body cap from http://www.pinholeresource.com. I have one and added a H. ring to make a better pinhole tele. Now the distance between hole and film/back is around 12 cm.
I am also thinking about using a teleconverter. Donot know what it will bring, but it interest me.
My camerabag is getting too heavy for me to carry around. I decided to turn this disadvantage of old age into my lucky number! The weight of P45+ is much less then a number of lenses. Working on cards will keep me free of a lot of hassle.
Thanks again and best.
Marrigje
PhaseoneUser58677

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs