Returning to original firmware

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Returning to original firmware

Postby gaburbano » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:28 pm

My back had the old firmware in place and everything was working fine.
Firmware ver 1.8 I updated it to 3.4 now and all of a sudden the back doesnt capture anymore. I only get black images. So now what. I did another post about not capturing.

I hope its just a firmware issue and it can be resolved easily. I sort of figured if there is a way to revert to the original firmware maybe that would be an easy fix. Only goes to show , if its not broken leave it alone..
gaburbano

Postby Ulf » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:25 am

I suggest you download the latest firmware again.
Hold down shift while launching the firmware updater, now it will allow you to upload the firmware again to the camera back.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Still not working

Postby gaburbano » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:05 am

Holding the shift key while launching the updater doesnt work on my mac.
But I did try and redownload the updater and then reupdating the firmware. the PAVR code is 1.09 ver 3.34

So its not working. What happens is this:

The back does work and appears to be working normally except it only captures black images, the data size of the files is the same as if it captured an image.

I do have an H25 that I am using, however, I do need to have it working.

I have tried to fire the back with several different cables all of which are new. and on different cameras.

tks
gaburbano

Postby Ulf » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:44 am

I suggest you contact your local Phase One dealer for a quick solution to your problem.
Ulf
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs