Powerbook Tethered Power Supply to Back: Corrupted Images

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Postby superbomba » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:17 am

is anyone getting this kind of corrupted files??

Image - Image

i am using a hasselblad H1 with the P25. in the begining i thought that this was a problem with the back, but found out that the camera body is the problem.

when i tilt te camera down even 10 degrees down from the horizon, i begin to get this problems. sometimes it happens very often, sometimes not. if i try to shoot the floor straight down, i WILL get this magenta ghost.

i found out that the camera was the problem, not the back, one day that i was getting histerical about this (i was even thinking to smash my p25 against the floor) when i decided to remove the back from the camera. started shooting with no back attached and it was then when i noticed the problem.

camera leveled to the horizon = no problem
camera tilted down = the curtain of the camera didn't closed completely.

so if someone using the H1 has the same problems, chances are that you body is defective too. a friend of mine also with an H1 just broke his. same shutter problem.

IF someone is getting this kind of damaged files using other camera brand, please tell us.
superbomba

RE: is anyone getting this kind of corrupted files??

Postby NN247001UL » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:42 pm

Check your latency setting.

I had a similar problem when working with my Rollie X-Act 2. I needed to set the back for long latency as opposed to short latency for my Hasselblad kit.

Dunno - might help...
NN247001UL

Postby superbomba » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:44 pm

this problem happens to me without the P25 attached!

i saw it not from the front of the camera where the lens goes, but from the back. i have never used this camera with film, but i am sure that i will have the same problem. i will try to shoot a roll of film to see what happens.

thanx
superbomba

Previous

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs