Names for new recent SkinTone profiles?

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Phase One P+ series and P series digital camera backs.

Names for new recent SkinTone profiles?

Postby Mark 3 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:41 pm

I have the four new Skin Tone ICC profiles that were introduced in the new firmware. But in CaptureOne, the number of the profile does not show. They all four show up identically, as \"P25 Skin Tone\", without any of the following four numbers behind them. Is this a bug, or is the name truncated in some way? Is this fixable by me?
Mark 3

screengrab

Postby Mark 3 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:58 pm

here is a screengrab, to show what i'm talking about:

http://www.marktucker.com/temp/c1skintone.jpg
Mark 3

Postby damienlovegrove » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:13 pm

Same here, I assumed they were in alphabetical order and its No4 that looked the best for our work so I ditched the rest.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby Keith Carpenter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:22 pm

Capture One installs a number of standard camera profiles for use with different camera backs and lighting conditions. For your convenience there is a folder for each camera with 4 Extra portrait skintone profiles, a sepia, and a B&W profile.
Skintone guide: In each camera folder there are 2 images showing the differences in the skintone profiles.

ICC Profiles for Mac OS X should be placed on the system disk in the Library / ColorSync / Profiles

Sincerely,
kdc
Keith Carpenter

same problem

Postby Lucas12 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:54 pm

I'm having the same issue, I tried renaming the profiles in the library, using one, two etc but they still come up without their indicator in C1Pro. Possibly Keith may have misunderstood the original question. I think it must be a naming bug. It is just a pain when I send off my session to be outputted, which I have to outsource sometimes, and the other operator doesn't know which of the 4 skintones I've specified.
I noticed Damian says he trashed everything but no 4, but I've found they are actually very different depending on shooting situation and the person's complexion. You should give them another look, damian. I origianlly thought no-one would ever need to look like they fell asleep in the solarium i.e. No 2, but I ended up using it on a shoot on a pretty flat day in the gardens, with a girl with pale skin, backlit, and it came up a treat.
Bring on 3.7.2 is all I can say. There are still a few too many bugs I reckon. Has anyone had the thumbnail renaming issue, where the name you've typed in jumps to another image?
Lucas12

Postby damienlovegrove » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:21 pm

Hi Lucas, I have since reloaded the profiles because like you I realised the benefit of the various profiles in odd lighting. I didn't repost because the moment had passed. Shame about the numbering visability issue though.

Cheers,

Damien.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Postby NN8878311 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:25 pm

Kind of late maybe, but nevertheless :D

To get the ICC-profiles to show up like you want them in C1 there is an easy way of renaming them.
Just open the disired profile in the Profileapplication (in swedish Colorsync-verktyg, so i guess its called Colorsync-tool) within MacOSX (just doubleclick the profile)
As my system is in swedish i dont know the exact name of the place to edit in english, but it is the second line from the top, under Header. Its got rownumber 1.
For some reason PhaseOne has named the files exactly the same in ASCII (??!!)
Just add a 1, 2, 3 & 4 in the end of the name \"Phase One P25 skintone\" (ASCII-name) (you'll see wich profile is wich by the filename on the top of the window) and then put the cursor on the next empty line (Unicode-name) and close the window. It know askes if you want to save, if not you didn't put the cursor on the empty field below...

Hope this helps you to sort them out :D

//Kristofer
NN8878311

profile naming

Postby damienlovegrove » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:44 am

Thanks Kris for the pm too.
damienlovegrove
DB Owner

Return to Phase One P+ and P series camera backs