Firmware upgrades

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 AF and Mamiya 645AFDIII Camera

Re: Firmware upgrades

Postby Frank Doorhof » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:17 am

Couldn't agree more.
Frank Doorhof

Re: Firmware upgrades

Postby Niels62 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:40 pm

I had the firmware in my Mamiya 645AFD/III upgraded in Juli 2009, and it cured a problem with the communication between the Mamiya and the P1 120 mm macro.

When mirror lock up was activated, then taking the shot, sometimes the diaphragm was opening and closing several times, very fast. Afterwards the camera could freeze; only way out was to remove the batteries and insert them again.

The camera was almost one year old, and still under guarantee. I send it to my dealer, ITC in Hamburg, who send it to Mamiya Germany. They found out I had firmware v.1.0, and upgraded to v.1.5, which cured the problem.
No charge at all! Not from Mamiya to ITC, and not from ITC to me. My only expense was 25€ for a packet to Hamburg. And it took only a week to get the problem fixed and the camera back to work.

I like my Mamiya 645AFD/III a lot (of course it could also be branded P1 645), and with the friendly and top professional dealer in Hamburg, I feel comfortable and safe using it...

But I agree that firmware updates could be communicated better from Phase One, and should be easier to handle for the camera user.

Regards, Niels
Niels62

Previous

Return to Phase One 645AF and Mamiya 645AFDIII