Tethered Pjase One camera

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 AF and Mamiya 645AFDIII Camera

Tethered Pjase One camera

Postby DPz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Before I possibly flog the H kit & invest in the phase one camera to stick my my p45+ on - or possibly dump the whole lot in the bin & continue with that old fashioned thing called film.
If I tether the P1 camera & use C4v.xxxxx software, is it possible to control the camera from the computer in the same way it is with say Nikon camera control & a nikon camera? ie from the keyboard be able alter stop, shutter etc remotely.
DPz

Re: Tethered Pjase One camera

Postby Jon » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:28 pm

This is possible, but only with P65+ and the Phase One Camera... the older backs do not have the same sophisticated communications hardware to fully communicate with the camera.
Jon
Crew
Crew

Postby DPz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:39 am

Thanks for that. Looks as though I won't be shooting tethered then. What's the possibility/feasibility of the other + backs, in my case a 45+, getting a firmware update to make it possible?

regards david
DPz

Postby Jon » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:28 am

Hi David,

Unfortunately its a hardware design issue so we cannot simply enable it through firmware (would be nice if we could!). The P65+ and any back that we might release in the future will have camera control abilities, however the other current + backs on the market right now (P21+, P25+, P30+, P45+) are limited to releasing the shutter from the computer.
Jon
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One 645AF and Mamiya 645AFDIII