Shutter lag (Phase One AF)

Discussions regarding Phase One 645 AF and Mamiya 645AFDIII Camera

Shutter lag (Phase One AF)

Postby aaroncarlos » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi, I am using both Phase One Af and Hasselblad H3D cameras and generally prefer the image quality of the Phase back. However, both Phase One AF bodies that I use suffer from a noticeable shutter lag. This issue is particularly annoying when working with studio flash and small children. The Hasselblad H3D is much better in this regard. Is there a way to fix the shutter lag (e.g., firm ware update)? If I was prepared to invest in a Phase One DF, could I expect this issue to be fixed?
aaroncarlos

Re: Shutter lag (Phase One AF)

Postby Jon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi Aaron,

Lag on the DF is much improved and the shutter release button does not have the same "mushy' feeling as the older AF body. Best thing to do would be to get a demo form your local dealer and see for yourself if it meets your needs.
Jon
Crew
Crew

Postby Cyril6 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi Jon,

I'm working with a Phase One 645DF, a P40+ digital back and Schneider Kreuznach shutter lenses and i also have this issue with the shutter lag. I'm working for a lot of famous Sport brands and this is a big problem for me.

By example : last week, i was shooting a Football (soccer) Player and pulled the trigger just before he shot the ball, and the picture was taken by the camera once the ball was gone (almost 1 meter !).
I first tought that i was not really awaken, but we repeat the gesture a lot of time, and it was always the same.
Once in my studio, I made some tests and the shutter lag is almost 1/2 second.

I'me working with Capture One Pro 6.2 and the digital back firmware is updated with the last version (5.1.8 if i remember well...).

Is there a way to manage this, maybe some particular setting that i don't know ?

Thanks,
Cyril.
Cyril6

Postby NN87501 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:07 pm

My only way was to go with Canon DSLR when shooting high speed shoots, The lag stinks for fast shoots..
NN87501

Return to Phase One 645AF and Mamiya 645AFDIII