Batch Processing!

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Re: Batch Processing!

Postby teng1 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:52 am

Batch processing crash with only ONE image selected to process.

Support, please hurry give us the new patch. TQ!
teng1

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:05 am

teng wrote:Batch processing crash with only ONE image selected to process.

Support, please hurry give us the new patch. TQ!

Tip: clear the history queue from the Batch tool tab and try again. And if you run 4.6.1, go back to 4.6. More tips to recover from crahes:
viewtopic.php?p=26161#p26161
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Catherine11 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:56 pm

I am having the same problem. It crashes in the middle of batch processing - sometimes after 2 images, sometimes after 15. It happens on all sizes of images-- jpegs and tiffs. If I stop and start the queue it will restart and go through a couple more images. Sometimes I can do this and make it through the batch- sometime I have to restart because it can't make it through one image after many stops and starts. Is someone working on this? It's a huge huge pain to have to babysit the queue while it batch processes.
Catherine11

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:53 am

Catherine wrote:I am having the same problem. It crashes in the middle of batch processing - sometimes after 2 images, sometimes after 15. It happens on all sizes of images-- jpegs and tiffs. If I stop and start the queue it will restart and go through a couple more images. Sometimes I can do this and make it through the batch- sometime I have to restart because it can't make it through one image after many stops and starts. Is someone working on this? It's a huge huge pain to have to babysit the queue while it batch processes.

clear the batch queue history from the Batch tool tab, History tab.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Peter72 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:19 am

I also tried Chris' method of just staying in the process window and not the batch window and all files processed without stopping.
Peter72

Postby Catherine11 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:35 am

Thanks Paul.
I cleared the batch queue history and processed a batch of small jpegs. Again, after about 10 it got hung up on one and I had to start and stop the queue. After doing this five times after processing 9 or ten images the program eventually crashed.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Catherine11

Postby Mark492 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:36 am

Having the same issue. cleared the history etc. still crashing. Before it even finishes one image. And I have a deadline of yesterday. I never had any problems with version 3 -what's happening?
Mark492

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 am

See my checklist to fight crashes. Add 'reboot system before start processing' to the list.
viewtopic.php?p=26161#p26161
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby thomas326 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:19 am

I have completely random imgcoreprocess errors whilst batch processing. Processing stops and when you restart it 4.8.1 crashes. The same file that caused the crash can then be processed, so this is not a corrupt file issue. What causes the processing to stop? It is completely random. Sometimes I can process 200 files without a problem and sometimes it stops every 5 files. I have only noticed this problem on my macpro, it hasen't happenned on my macbook pro.
(I am devoloping P45+ raw files into jpegs)
Anyone found the reason for this yet?
thomas326

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:21 am

thomas326 wrote:I have completely random imgcoreprocess errors whilst batch processing. Processing stops and when you restart it 4.8.1 crashes. The same file that caused the crash can then be processed, so this is not a corrupt file issue. What causes the processing to stop? It is completely random. Sometimes I can process 200 files without a problem and sometimes it stops every 5 files. I have only noticed this problem on my macpro, it hasen't happenned on my macbook pro.
(I am devoloping P45+ raw files into jpegs)
Anyone found the reason for this yet?

Clear the process history.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby thomas326 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:31 am

i did clear the process history, still get the same crashes......
thomas326

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:39 am

thomas326 wrote:i did clear the process history, still get the same crashes......

Because you experience the problem on the MacPro (and not on MacBook Pro), it might be a memory problem. Although a bit of a guess, MacPro systems typically have larger amounts of RAM (> 4 GB) resulting in CO4's memory use growing beyond healthy limits.
I suggest to restart your MacPro (assuming you have use CO4 for adjusting etc) before starting a batch process and let it run. See what happens.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby thomas326 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:42 pm

thanks for the tip but still no success. i rebooted, deleted batch history, and deleted both the batch queue folders in library/application support/phase one (or capture one)......the only difference is that now i can sometimes relaunch the process queue (after it randomly stops) without CO4 crashing. this is very frustrating......
thomas326

Postby jamew3 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Could someone please help me. I have successfully used the batch process functionality on several occassions. This morning I added 59 images to the batch process and nothing is happening. I have tried Stop/Start and clearing the history and queue and starting again, but nothing works. Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.
jamew3

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:23 pm

jamew3 wrote:Could someone please help me. I have successfully used the batch process functionality on several occassions. This morning I added 59 images to the batch process and nothing is happening. I have tried Stop/Start and clearing the history and queue and starting again, but nothing works. Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

I would suggest to remove the preference file and if that does not help the session (*.col45) file. Details:
http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Su ... 20-%20Main
Start with processing one image. Check for sufficient disk space and check your output parameters of your process recipe.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software