Image color is incorrect in RAW

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Image color is incorrect in RAW

Postby NN122044UL5 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm

When I open a RAW image (Canon 50D CR2) with C1 6.4 on Windows the colors are significantly different from those seen on a camera JPEG preview or after a JPEG processing in C1. Seems like the RAW image is rendered using some additional adjustments (looks like more contrast and higher white balance temperature are applied) that are not propagating into a processed JPEG file.

The strange part is same RAW image shows correct colors when opened with C1 6.2.2 on Mac.

Could that be I have some extra adjustments set (trying to clear C1 preferences won't fix the problem)?

Thanks,
Vlad
NN122044UL5

Re: Image color is incorrect in RAW

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Most likely that you have a color management issue.

What I suggest is the following.

Remove as much variables from the equation. In plain English this means that you compare the RAW file only on both Win and Mac and with the same adjustments on both. That means you either reset all adjustments or copy the adjustments from one to the other machine.

Tip: when you pack the RAW file as EIP you transport both RAW and adjustments.

Let us know what you find.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN122044UL5 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:41 am

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reply.
I tried clean installations on both Win and Mac as described here:
https://captureintegration.com/uninstal ... e-4-on-mac
and
http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/artic ... nguageid=1

The setups should be identical now. However the Win issue still present.
The small thumbnail window of the RAW image represents correct color until the image is selected at which point both the RAW and the thumbnail color is adjusted as described above.

Can I disable any automatic color management in C1?

Thanks,
Vlad
NN122044UL5

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:44 am

If I understand you correctly the issue is on the Windows setup only. And the issue is that once you have selected the thumbnail, both the thumbnail and the preview change color which becomes way off.

It is difficult to diagnose from this description. The only option I can come up with is to disable OpenCL for display in the Preferences (Edit menu).

My other suggestion is that you open a support case with Phase One and provide them details they request.
http://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software