Add single keyword to group of files

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Add single keyword to group of files

Postby NNN634579324681874960 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Total newbie to C1 here, so please excuse my ignorance ahead of time! :)
I'm working on a job I just shot, series of environmental corporate portraits. I have a group of keywords that apply to all the files I shot. I've applied them to the files with a preset/style from the clipboard. I now want to add each subjects name as a keyword, maybe a few other appropriate keywords that apply to each person. How do I apply one or two keywords quickly to a group of files without changing the keywords I've already added? Do I have to make a preset/style from the clipboard for each keyword? That seems rather time consuming.
Here's what I'm trying to do:

1st set of keywords that apply to all files: city, state; corporation; portrait etc.
2nd set of keywords that apply to one subset of those files: dept; shoot location within campus
3rd set of keywords that apply to a subset of those files again: subjects name

I've been looking at video's and online manual, but can't find anything that shows this in detail, step by step. When using C1 to apply changes to a group of files, is there a overall philosophy or best practice for how it's done? Any links appreciated!

Thanks!
NNN634579324681874960

Re: Add single keyword to group of files

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed May 01, 2013 7:53 pm

In CO6 a preset or style is the only solution I can come up with. And yes, it is cumbersome and time consuming.

In CO7 you can drag the image or selection of images on a keyword in the Filter tool. That is what you want..!
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software