Hide Adjustments - Show Original

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Hide Adjustments - Show Original

Postby Bob6 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Is there a way to make generic changes in CP1, and then hide those adjustments, so I can see the original RAW image? Then flick back and forth? Or split view adjustments/original? Best I found was Reset/Undo (Different Keyboard Commands).

This seemed like a simple search, until I came up with nothing.
Bob6

Re: Hide Adjustments - Show Original

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:57 pm

That is one way, what you described.

Another is to create a New Variant. A New Variants makes a virtual copy of your image. In fact it creates a new and empty set of adjustments for the same image file. The image file is not copied.
Now you have 2 variants of the same image, one with and one without adjustments.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Hide Adjustments - Show Original

Postby BLIDDLE » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 pm

I second Paul's suggestion of a new variant. Another option, if you are using one panel (curves, levels, b&w, etc) and want to quickly see what impact your changes are having, is to hold alt while clicking the Reset arrow (little arrow/circle to the top right of the panel) to momentarily turn off the changes. Releasing the click sets it back to your modifications.
BLIDDLE

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software