subfolder under "Selects Folder" it doesn't show itself

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

subfolder under "Selects Folder" it doesn't show itself

Postby 8lackie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Under "Session Folders", If I create a subfolder under "Selects Folder" it doesn't show itself.Yet If I scroll down to the "System Folders" to my session down there, it's shows itself there. Why is that? And if I ask that subfolder to be shown in "Session Favorites" it does show it there as well.

Also I noticed you can right click to make the folder under "Sessions Folder" but you can not under "System Folders" where the "Session Folders" reside you must use the "New Folder " button at the bottom.

Oh yes, my point. Not seeing the folders means you can click on them and you do not see your images in the collection window. Small thing and it doen't detract much from the work flow, now that I know where stuff is.
8lackie

Re: subfolder under "Selects Folder" it doesn't show itself

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi 8lackie,

The Session Folders section does not show the actual physical folders on your disk. It shows the links to these physical folders.

This is part of the Session concept.

The Session Folders section is fixed in its layout. It does not change. You can assign a different folder to each of the session folders. As a result, that new folder becomes the session folder.

In the System Folders section you can see the actual folders and which has been assigned the respective session folder. In other words, who is currently the actual Capture, Selects, Output and Trash session folder.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software