How to move picture section in 100%view - scrollbar???

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

How to move picture section in 100%view - scrollbar???

Postby NN134535UL5 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:54 pm

I am just working in 100% view to remove dots on RAW images. I want to move around the whole picture to find all dots. But I have no scroll bars, cursor doesnt work either. Every time I want to move to another section, I have to deactivate my dot-removal tool by clicking on the hand on the upper bar, then I can move the section and then I have to activate the remmoval tool again.
Thats unconfortable and unprofessional - manual doesnt help, at least I didnt found something.
Is there a way to move around the picture in 100%-view without going with the mouse to the upper bar everytime?
Best regards
Juergen Schroll
NN134535UL5

Re: How to move picture section in 100%view - scrollbar???

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Press the space bar to temporarily change the cursor tool into a pan tool (hand). And release the space bar to continue.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Coach » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:57 am

Holding the space bar is a great tip for moving around in other tools also, not just with spots. However it is slightly different than the regular hand tool in that it doesn't hide the spot circles. This can be useful, but also it can be distracting. I like to jump back and forth between the hand and spot tools so I can get a better idea of what the blending will look like without the orange spot circles. So my "quick" method is to position two fingers of my left hand on the "H" (hand) and "O" (spot) keys. Press "H" and the circles disappears and I can move pan around the screen. Press "O" and I'm right back in spot mode. The space bar trick does allow for quicker movements over the entire image when needed.
Coach

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:13 am

That's another great tip, Coach! I use that one a lot too myself.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software