Cap 1 6.4.3 + Stitch w/ PShop: Error

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Cap 1 6.4.3 + Stitch w/ PShop: Error

Postby Malcolm S. » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Hello. I support Capture One users who have begun to have problems using the built-in "Stitch with Photoshop" script. It seems that after getting partway through the process, Capture One throws an error: 'System Events got an error: Can't get process "Adobe Photoshop CS5."' Has anyone encountered this problem before?

We're running Lion 10.7.5 on a ~2010 vintage Mac Pro w/ 32 GB of RAM. Here's what's going on in system.log:

Feb 20 16:02:57 --- Capture One[1049]: [SAVE] Total save time 4 ms
Feb 20 16:02:57 --- Capture One[1049]: Autosave took 4 ms (min=2 ms, max=39 ms)
Feb 20 16:02:57 --- Capture One[1049]: [BACKGROUND SAVE] Saving
Feb 20 16:02:57 --- Capture One[1049]: [BACKGROUND SAVE] Total save time 11 ms (min=5 ms, max=23 ms)
Feb 20 16:03:10 --- Capture One[1049]: -[__NSPlaceholderSet initWithSet:copyItems:]: This app appears to be calling this method with a non-set parameter. Please wait while the system corrects this....
Feb 20 16:03:41: --- last message repeated 3 times ---

Then Capture One throws the error mentioned above.

Thanks for whatever assistance anyone can offer. I'm pretty green supporting this application, so please forgive me if this is a common problem with a simple fix.
Malcolm S.

Re: Cap 1 6.4.3 + Stitch w/ PShop: Error

Postby Drew » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:55 am

The script is pretty basic, just calling on Photoshop to perform basic tasks that one can separately and manually use. The issue is likely just a conflict with what we request from Photoshop and what is available.
Have a look to ensure you are using CS5 and not CS6 as the error would indicate it's the version/installation of Photoshop that is not what Capture One expects.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Some additional troubleshooting tips.

1. start Photoshop before you start the script
2. do not have (other) images opened in Photoshop
3. make sure you have sufficient free RAM; try a system restart before you use the script

In case you still are not successful, how far does the script come? Which messages do you get? Normally, you get four dialogs
a) in CO; b) and c) in PS; d) in CO.
Is Photoshop started (if not already started)? Are the images opened in Photoshop, are layers created and so on?
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Malcolm S. » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:03 am

Thanks for the suggestions.

@Drew: the first thing I checked was the Photoshop version; PS CS 5.1 is installed on the machine in question, but the error mentioned PS CS 5. I then dug around in the Capture 1 .app directory and eventually found the script, but everything LOOKED configured correctly. I'll take another look at it though.

@Paul_Steunebrink: I didn't think of starting PS first; I'll have to try that. I hope it's that simple! PS gets a few steps into the routine before Cap. 1 throws the error: we have a few images open, and right when we begin to work at 100% magnification, the error occurs.

I've got 32GB of RAM in this machine, and its only purpose is capturing and processing images.

Anyway, I had to spend the day putting out fires and tending to more pressing matters but will try to look at the issue again tomorrow. Again, I sincerely appreciate the responses.

Malcolm
Malcolm S.

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 am

Another tip in the bag: OS X repair permissions.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software