Wishlist for C1 v7

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Re: Wishlist for C1 v7

Postby ThomasGeist » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Here are a few more that came up:

• keyboard shortcut for navigating through Adjustment Layers
  • possibility to apply split toning to color images
  • confirm reset (bent arrow) to single tab, not whole panel (example: reset resets Split Tone AND Color Sensivity tabs, but maybe I just wanted to reset Split Tones)
  • Better tonal separation and high dynamic range handling like in LR4
  • make use of all the lens profiles that Micro Four Thirds cameras/lenses automatically provide (for free!)
ThomasGeist

Postby jknights » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Keith Reeder wrote:Irfanview or Mac equivalent..!

;)

(I actually thought that Irfanview ran on Macs too).

Try Lyn.
It is very cheap and functional.
Still learning after all these years. Using Nikon D3S, D800, D600 DSLRs and Fuji XT1, XPro1, XE1, X100 with CapturePro.
===================================================================================
jknights

Suggestion

Postby Nikolay12 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm

I would be very happy if there is a gradient tool in Local adjustments, not just a brush.
Also, I would suggest that the Light falloff has some kind of radius adjustment slider.

I'm very happy with C1PRO, just want it better and better :wink:
Nikolay12

Postby rave81 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Please improve dynamic range slider, sharpening and noise reduction. After using Lightroom 4, it has excellent dynamic range silders, better sharpening and noise reduction in Capture one 6... the only thing stopping me to use lightroom 4, because capture one 6 pro still better in color manipulation.
rave81

Postby ThomasGeist » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:19 pm

rave81 wrote:... the only thing stopping me to use lightroom 4, because capture one 6 pro still better in color manipulation.

I would even widen this statement and say C1 is better in color. Period.

LR's colors especially for skin tones are still way inferior to C1. And it's worse for Nikon files. What looks great in C1 often results in rubbery pinkie/orange skin tones in LR. Mixed light is worst. :(
ThomasGeist

Postby Rick142 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Whenever I open Lightroom, I feel like I am in a ten-year-old Windows program.
Rick142

Postby Edward51 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 pm

I like LR for my family photos and for a general archive/viewer of my pro work. But the processed color is so bad. Especially skin tones as mentioned earlier. I do wish C1P noise reduction could be better but I fault the camera makers first.
For dynamic range and sharpening I use Photoshop.
Sharpening - High Pass set to Linera light, vary opacity.
Dynamic range - apply image command.
I feel the best way to properly handle dynamic range is by processing lighter or darker versions and compositing in PS. More work but you get full control and your image doesn't look like gross HDR.
Edward51

Postby Thomas565 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Definitely more isolated control of the histogram when using highlight and shadow recovery. Lightroom does a much better job of this and you can see the range that it's working in.

Also, it would be nice to have better RAM management. I feel like capture one just eats ram and fills it with .cop, .cof and .cos files. My computer is unable to handle capture folders larger than 1000 images when tethering. I have to make new capture folders to remedy this and end up moving everything back into one folder later.
Thomas565

Postby alte22a » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Mood Board.
I love to have a free hand mood board from the smart albums of selected images. So I can freely move images around on a blank canvas.

Some photographers would love 3rd party plug-ins namely Alien Skin, if thats possible.

More advance lens profiles for 35mm.

X-rite color passport for creating custom profiles.
alte22a
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby CT » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:38 am

I am really happy with the features already.
What is really needed is more stability for C1.

And for the wish list part: I would really love to see a software that can do "automatic" HDR like the 32bit "feature" in LR/ PS. But the LR/PS way is still very cumbersome. I thinking something like declaring a range of pictures as one HDR and then working on a "virtual copy" with the combined dynamic range.And all that with the quality of C1...but just dreaming here.
CT

Postby mihhailov » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:09 pm

I wonder why noone mentioned backup feature.
It would be great if C1 could auto copy all incoming images to second folder ( on my external drive ).

A friend of mine had recently his macbook pro harddrive crashing right after the shooting. Luckily we were able to extract files after going low level and mounting hd in recovery mode. And for professional commercial photographer this situation is a horror.
mihhailov

Postby Rick142 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm

You can automatically backup when importing images. In the import screen click the little inverted triangle to the right of "Locations" and select Backup.
Rick142

Postby Rick142 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:25 pm

I agree with the poster who chose stability as the number one request. Besides improving the adjustment brush and getting some of the commas out of the decimal place for the English version, I would like to see even better integration with Media Pro and especially have the C1 thumbnails indicate in some way that the image has been keyworded and cataloged.
Rick142

Postby mihhailov » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Rick142, thank You for the hint - is it working in tethering shooting mode too ? imho it is for importing images only, or am I wrong
mihhailov

Postby Sam » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:34 pm

On the fly moodboard would be great, with the ability to change image order, crop etc.
Export options too.
Sam

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software