Activation of Capture One

Questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x for Mac and Windows

Activation of Capture One

Postby Jim_DK » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Lots of issues can occur from incorrect activation of Capture One

The KB describes the basic activation process:

http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/article.aspx?articleid=1227&languageid=1

If you receive: "Profile is incorrect" message when trying to activate, this means you used a different email address when you first registered the software. You can check your account to see which keys are registered:

http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/article.aspx?articleid=1708&languageid=1

If you still need assistance contact support: http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain.aspx
James
Phase One DK
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Re: Activation of Capture One

Postby jeremya » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:34 pm

I just purchased Capture One Pro v6 this weekend and have yet to be able to activate it. Whenever I paste the license key I was given with my purchase into the Activate Capture One dialog's "License Code:" field, it says "Invalid License Code" in red below it.

Attempts to remedy this have included:
  • entering the code with and without hyphens
  • typing the code in (vs. pasting)
  • pasting the code in
  • using the code from my email
  • using the code from my Purchase History (under My Account on the website) [note, these are the same codes, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't a difference in the actual character data].
  • explicitly adding a rule to the Windows Firewall to allow all outbound connections for CaptureOne.exe
How do I activate the software?
jeremya

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm

jeremya wrote:I just purchased Capture One Pro v6 this weekend and have yet to be able to activate it. Whenever I paste the license key I was given with my purchase into the Activate Capture One dialog's "License Code:" field, it says "Invalid License Code" in red below it.
How do I activate the software?

Contact Phase One directly in a support case. See link in earlier post.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby jeremya » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks, Paul. I've done so and we're dialoging now.

[update]: Their development team is now aware of this issue. They are looking into it, but cannot promise a resolution until after the Windows 8 General Availability date (October 26, 2012). I guess I'll just have to go back to Lightroom until then. :)
jeremya

Postby Forest Majors » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 pm

This is not just a windows 8 problem - although I had that too. I tried to reactive capture one pro on a windows 7 computer after I deactivated it and it was also rejected . My account/profile show that I have deactivated the software and two installations available but the activation software is not working. Of course I get the canned response about October 26 for windows 8 but it is a problem with windows 7 too. BTW, windows 8 has been released to OEM and ISV plus the underlying OS is still windows 7. This my friend is an excuse to do nothing.
Forest Majors

Postby Drew » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:44 am

Forest Majors wrote: I tried to reactive capture one pro on a windows 7 computer after I deactivated it and it was also rejected ...

I do believe we are working with you on a support case to determine the cause of this, the case was updated by support today and is awaiting further information from you.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby buggz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 am

Hello,
Activation crashes EVERY time.
The app, CaptureOne.64Bit.v6.4.4.exe installs okay, and runs in trial mode.
However, EVERY time I try to activate it, it crashes.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit, SP1.
Nothing else has ever had a problem, Adobe CS5 upgraded to CS6, Corel Painter X upgraded to 12.
Everything else has always worked.
I created a case, and uploaded the crash.xml file.
Anyone else had this problem, and solved it?
buggz

Postby jonpaul » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Hello all:

I am using C1 ver 6 64 bit on my W7 workstation. All was working fine until I made an upgrade, to put a bigger SSD C:/ in my workstation, 60G to 240G SSD.

I cloned the old C: drive and ran W7, and C1.

To my amazement, C1 ver6 says the license activation is missing.

When I enter the paid lic code, it says activation limit
is reached!

This is even though my other WS says only 2 activations are listed for
it.

Merely swapping to a bigger C: drive should not require another
activation.

I opened a support case 115325, but no answers so far.

Kind Regards,

Jon Paul
Jon Paul
Curator
Crypto-Museum
jonpaul

Postby Wade » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Hello,

The Capture One activation is coded against a number of items of system information of which the Drive ID is one. Thus, the activation that you had on your old hard disk is no longer valid on your new SSD.

There are two alternatives to you:

1: Login to the main phase one website at http://www.phaseone.com. This should take you to the "My Account' page from where you can follow the link to the "License Codes" area of your account at http://www.phaseone.com/en/My-Account/LicenseManagement.aspx. You should then be able to select your license code from the drop down box an then select 'Deactivate'. This will deactivate all activations associated with that license code leaving you your two activations to use. You can then re-activate CaptureOne using the original license code on each of the two machines that you wish to employ it on.

2: If you still have it, and it has not been reformatted or such, put the old disk back in the computer and then run capture one - it should report that it is activated. You should then be able to use the dialog accessed via "Help->License Information" to deactivate that installation (there is a 'deactivate' button in bottom right of this dialog). You can now put the new SSD back in the system. You should now be able to activate the new installation using the license key you were originally provided.

The first method is easier but involves re-activating any other machine that you have Capture One installed on. The second is more involved but should not disturb the activation on any second machine.

Wade.
Wade
Wade

Postby SchneiderDirk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Gents,

This is the answer I got from Support on the activation issue (I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8 and ran into it):

"Hi,

Verison 6 is not supported on Windows 8.

You willl have to use V7 to gain Windows 8 support

Best
Support"

Needless to say what I really think. A "world leading" software at this price has deserved better. P1 cannot tell me that they had no clue about Windows 8 coming, and they can't tell me that Win 8 is so much different from Win 7. Even small companies gets these things sorted, or at least inform Microsoft so that the issue is clear prior to upgrading. I am sorry, but unless something miracolous happens I shall be out of this.

Dirk
SchneiderDirk

Postby NN636311096521819099UL » Tue May 23, 2017 4:01 am

Read on this post. After reading the whole post, we can get solutions to deal with the trouble quickly and safely. Thanks for your nice sharing.
NN636311096521819099UL

Return to Capture One 6.x, 5.x and 4.x Software