Writing to a CF card while tethered to CP1?

Questions and comments regarding Capture One PRO/DB/LE for Mac and Windows

Writing to a CF card while tethered to CP1?

Postby jonesfoto » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:21 am

Am I missing a setting that would allow me to simultaneously write to the camera CF card while tethered to my laptop? It is a no-brainer to achieve instant redundancy while shooting with a Firewire connection to a hard drive by backing-up to my 1Ds ii internal CF card, but I don't see the setting that would allow me to do it. Help!
Canon EOS 1Ds ii, CS3 on two Macbook Pros, Mac Pro, G5 Dual 2GHz running 10.5.1.
jonesfoto

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:04 am

There is no such setting (to the best of my knowledge) when tethering Canon with Capture One. Canon has made an option in EOS Utility, which you can use for remote capture as well, that allows you to store images on the CF/SD card as well.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

CF Card/Tethered Connection

Postby jonesfoto » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Yes, but our primary reason for switching to CP1, despite all it's other attributes, was that EOS Utility is so awfully buggy! The stability of CP1, for example, with regard to mounting/unmounting the camera, is so much more seamless than EOS Utility that we were glad to be rid of it. However, now we have to back up to an external drive after each and every set-up. Bothersome ....

But thanks for the info!

J
Canon EOS 1Ds ii, CS3 on two Macbook Pros, Mac Pro, G5 Dual 2GHz running 10.5.1.
jonesfoto

Re: Writing to a CF card while tethered to CP1?

Postby NN113915UL1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:35 am

I upgraded to the full on pro version to streamline my workflow, however finding that I can not write to the cf card as well as the computer is really irritating. Having the extra automatic backup of raw files saved to the cf card is a big deal for me and huge insurance. a hard drive can fail at any moment then your in serious trouble so now I am back to using EOS utility and C1 which I could do prior to spending all the extra $ on the pro version.
PLEASE why can you not add this feature in the next version or better, NOW.
NN113915UL1

Return to Capture One 3.x Software